Senior Bridge Engineer
ob Title: Senior Bridge Engineer
Salary: £38K - £43K
My client is seeking to strengthen their Bridges team in Manchester focusing on:
Bridge inspection and assessment, feasibility studies, and design. The Bridges team is busy with highway and rail bridge engineering work for a variety of clients, including local authorities, Contractors, private developers and public-sector clients. You will be involved in the project management and technical delivery of schemes from inception through to handover of the completed scheme to the client.
1. Preparation of documents, reports and health and safety risk assessments;
2. Preparation of bids and scheme cost estimates
3. Scheme feasibility studies;
4. Preparation of scheme designs and drawings;
5. Preparation of outline cost estimates;
6. Checking drawings and supervision of CAD technicians;
7. Interfacing with multi-disciplinary project teams;
8. Value engineering and value management;
9. Ensuring that quality procedures are implemented and maintained;
10. Project, programme and financial management;
11. Client liaison and reporting.
Qualifications & Experience:
1. Ideally Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer or nearly Chartered.
2. Experience of bridge design, maintenance and assessment, gained from working on both construction sites and the design office;
3. Experience of project management of bridge projects;
4. Proven knowledge in design, maintenance and supervision of structures related projects together with a track record of innovation in design and management of structures. Ideally this should include new build, maintenance, assessment and strengthening of bridges and civil structures infrastructure;
5. Knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW) in relation to structural schemes;
6. Understanding and experience of use of Eurocodes and their application to bridge design;
7. Experience of design in or assessment of steel, reinforced and prestressed concrete bridge structures;
8. Experience of grillage, space frame and finite element analysis software packages such as LUSAS, Superstress and SAM
The position is predominantly office based but some travel may be required occasionally for site visits, inspections, or to attend meetings.
What do you do now?
If you would like to discuss this vacancy in confidence, then please contact David So on ************ or send your CV to: *************************** - Keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959424796