Emissions Aftertreatment Engineer
World class automotive business who are currently experiencing rapid growth require an Emissions Aftertreatment Engineer to join the business based at the sites in Gaydon and Whitley, Oxfordshire.
The role of the Emissions Aftertreatment Engineer will revolve around the following responsibilities:
- Support to the development of emissions aftertreatment components and systems that meet group vehicle programme needs
- Development and validation of emissions aftertreatment test and CAE tools for future group applications
- Support to aftertreatment technology and programme delivery teams in the specification and sign-off of emissions aftertreatment component and systems
- Documentation of results from tool development activities as technical reports or evidence packs
- Manage test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
- Ensure all appropriate group standards are met through-out design maturation
- Support Powertrain Research in the development of advanced emissions control systems and CAE tools
- Support the development and deployment of emissions system co-simulation tools
The ideal candidate for the role of Emissions Aftertreatment Engineer will have a degree or relevant equivalent experience within a similar role. You will be experienced in the development of emissions aftertreatment components, systems or CAE tools, and have knowledge and application of failure mode avoidance tools and techniques. Knowledge and experience of emissions aftertreatment components and system functions and development would be desirable. Applicants must be motivated self-starters with proven project / supplier management skills and able to make decisions which are in the best interest of the business.
As Emissions Aftertreatment Engineer you will have a passion for the automotive industry and the potential of automotive technology. You will need strong project management capabilities with the ability to multitask. Candidates will be comfortable challenging cross-functionally and at a variety of levels within the business
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959425176