Amey's Environmental Services business unit manages waste services from the doorstep right through to processing, recycling and creating energy from waste.
We work for a wide range of customers, from local authorities through to delivery of commercial waste services for large companies, SMEs, retailers, manufacturers and educational and health organisations.
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure compliance with the Amey systems, processes and procedures to deliver post contract management on Contracts between £5m and £25m p.a.
You will implement commercial best practice to maximise value and minimise risk and cost to Amey with due regards to CRM.
This role can also be a great developmental opportunity for someone in the early stages of their career.
What the role involves
- Implement commercial processes to ensure contractual entitlement is realised
- Implement Group commercial processes for cost capture, valuation, procurement and reporting
- Management of Subcontractor accounts in line with agreed subcontract
- Ensure maximum recovery of all contractual entitlements
- Prepare commercial reports including Cost Value Reconciliations and cash flows
- Exercise full cost control of project(s) including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the management team
- Leading on the production of weekly/monthly cost and value reconciliations and forecasts and providing advice to the management team
- Manage all aspects of subcontract procurement and payment
- Support the tender processes and strategy as required
- Provide all cost/commercial information required under the Contract(s) (S-Curves, Forecasts)
- Ensure that the Client receives no commercial “surprises”
- With each application for payment submit final anticipated Client outturn costs
- Submit in a timely manner Change Requests, with price and programme effects, for subsequent agreement
- Provide sound commercial and contractual advice to the Project Manager and other team members
- Proactively instil commercial awareness throughout the project team
- Manage and develop individuals within the commercial team
- Participate in regular monthly safety meetings
The successful applicant
To be the successful applicant you will be experienced within commercial management and hold a relevant, recognised qualification. Environmental/Waste industry experience is greatly beneficial but not critical. It is fundamental that you have the ability to implement efficient commercial processes to improve commercial practices and ensure value for money within the contract. The ability to confidently demonstrate your commercial management skill and knowledge will assist you at interview stage.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Strong desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Sound knowledge of contracts
- Awareness of industry issues
- Good health and safety awareness