Sales Engineer sought on behalf of international market leader in solutions selling to Project Engineers and Product Developers in the automotive manufacturing sector. Initially a one year contract but strong chance of permanent position.
As Sales Engineer you will manage small/medium projects and deal with technical and commercial issues within the UK office, also liaising extensively with the company?s UK parent in mainland Europe.
The Sales Engineer will work with the two existing UK based Account Managers, providing support and managing discreet parts of the customer relationship. Key areas of focus include:
- Ø Provide product development technical assistance to customers.
- Ø Follow group direction on promotion of new products/services to customers.
- Ø Tracking and documentation of customer project milestones.
- Ø Resolve in a timely manner all open issues that arise on the project. Schedule regular meetings as required.
- Ø Manage and communicate with internal and external support as needed.
- Ø Ensure overall project objectives are met.
- Ø Create and maintain good professional customer relationships.
- Ø Identify requirements and expectations of the customer.
- Ø Identify development opportunities in the customer?s business.
Most likely educated to Engineering Degree, Diploma level (or equivalent),
the Sales Engineer will have acquired at least a year or two of experience within the automotive manufacturing/engineering sector where you will have acquired previous successful experience in handling direct customer relationships within this sector.
You should have a working knowledge of Ford and ideally have knowledge of their document systems and working practices.( SREA, Schedule A, QOP, Support plans, 8D etc.). Excellent communication skills are a pre-requisite.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959418919