Job Title: Engineering Manager
Type of Role: Permanent
Location: West Sussex
Base Salary: £34k-£42k, depending upon experience
- Precision Engineering delivering to various sectors including Automotive, Aerospace and Medical.
- The position as an Engineering Manager is a Production/Operations focused role and will involve working closely with the Sales Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with generated reports via the Sales Manager by providing information on machining time, material cost, programming time, tooling and fixture costs
- Working with the Sales Manager to source 3rd party providers for any sub contract requirements
- Agreeing and managing delivery schedule on new orders in conjunction with the Sales Manager
- Raising all paperwork needed for production parts
- Identify and liaise with Stores Manager for the ordering of tooling required for machine shop
- Responsible for raising and dealing with orders regarding calibration of inspection equipment.
- Keep all engineering drawings current
- Manage the engineering team for the production of new drawings and amendment of existing drawings
- Achieve sustained improvements in quality, cost and delivery from the Machine Shop
- Manage, Lead, coach and develop the engineering Production Team
- Plan work flow, manage multiple priorities and meet daily production targets while consistently reducing downtime
- Develop new procedures and processes to improve production flow
- Set up and manage Health and Safety audit procedures and improve safety efficiencies
- Set and maintain appropriate quality levels for the production team
- Develop and mentor team leaders
- Cost saving through optimum utilisation of manpower and machinery
- Liaise with other departments re production capacity
- Support with design and engineering of new products
- Identify staff training requirements and establish a training matrix
- Assisting in the sourcing and ordering of raw materials to ensure cost savings whilst maintaining quality control
- Assisting Engineering supervisor with Solid Works, CadCam and machine programming as required
- Daily management of an Engineering CNC Machine Shop/Production Team
- Background in CNC Machining (Time Served apprenticeship in CNC machining preferred).
- Experience as a Departmental Manager of an engineering production team.
- Experience in Solid Works/CadCam/Machine Programming
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proven customer relationship experience
Please contact Susannah
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959415941