Senior Data Engineer
We are seeking an experienced individual to join a London based Investment Management firm. This firm is revamping their entire IT platform towards the cloud in a company wide effort to modernise and fully utilise data science capabilities.
As part of their commitment to the cloud, the successful applicant will be sponsored for AWS certification. For applicants with existing AWS certification, addition professional development will be offered.
- Architect and build data pipelines and data lakes to capture and persist data across various data sources such as social media channels, trading exchanges, and websites
- Develop APIs between the firm and commercial partners to automate trading
- Build replacements of our legacy NAV pricing and order management applications with cloud native alternatives
- Coach junior or less experienced team members
Required skills and experience
- At least 5 years development experience
- Hands on experience in one or more of Dynamo DB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, or SQL Server
- Exposure to Kinesis, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Understanding in any of Django, Flask, Node web frameworks or Docker containers
- Knowledge of Hadoop/Spark eco-system desirable but not required
This position will be largely autonomous, so self motivation is desirable.
The office is in Central London near London Bridge.
This position is salaried up to £120,000 with a very generous benefits package. If you would like to know more, please send us your CV and we will be in touch.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959412636