Application Support / Software Support
Application Support / Software Support / Business Systems Support candidate required for a company with large offices in Southampton
To provide support, maintain and integrate a range of business applications, to support all users with all application issues. These systems are a combination of vendor supplied applications, some web based in house developments and customised Microsoft business solution using various application server technologies.
* Support, write and test applications and user interfaces using standard development tools.
* Monitor and assess the security and performance of the applications, making any changes in accordance with the relevant change procedure.
* Troubleshoot problems that arise, identify and resolve service related problems, proactively keeping key parties informed of progress.
* Ensure that interfaces of data are defined, built and maintained to allow the exchange of data in the most efficient manner possible.
* Identify and suggest potential solutions to incidents and problems passed to the team.
* Ensure all support and development tasks are appropriately logged and that issues and resolutions are recorded accurately and succinctly.
* Work with various stakeholders to gather requirements and to produce technical design specifications.
* Liaise with other technical colleagues to ensure interfaces and other solutions are deployed effectively in the IT infrastructure and are consistent with the data architecture.
* To work with other technical colleagues in IT to diagnose and resolve incidents and problems.
* Experience of implementing new applications/software and integrating these with other existing systems.
* Experience of supporting and basic development of web applications according to the agreed requirements and technical specification.
* Good Knowledge of corporate relational databases (Either SQL or Oracle)
* Knowledge of supporting web applications
The role is based in central Southampton and as well as a competitive salary you will be entitled to a generous holiday allowance, pension and a great work life balance.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959414935