Senior Financial Accountant - Insurance
To assist the Financial Controllers to manage the accounting and reporting activities of the Insurance Accounting Team (who are based both in London and the GSSC, Cebu) ensuring the completeness, accuracy and consistency of underlying data. The role holder will ensure key financial numbers are reconciled, collated and reported to internal standard. The role will also necessitate liaison with external and internal customers.
- Assist in the monthly close process, including but not limited to, preparation and posting and/or reviewing of all underwriting and non-underwriting journals.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly results for submission to the (Re) / Insurance Finance Director, senior EO management and Group.
- Assist in the production of the monthly & quarterly management reports, QBE Group reporting package and associated quarterly Finance Attestation, in accordance with QBE best practice
- Carry out data reconciliations between different systems to check for data accuracy and integrity.
- Complete tasks for the on-line reconciliation tool, BlackLine to support a key part of the financial data reconciliation process.
- Working with colleagues in London as well as overseas (in a shared service centre) to ensure the overall output and quality of the service provided by the team is to an appropriate high standard, and in a timely manner
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA or equivalent).
- Recent or current experience of working in a General Insurance Accounting team
- Strong financial accounting background, with significant experience of working in a complex financial services environment.
- Recent of current experience of completing and/or reviewing Regulatory and Statutory returns
- Good knowledge of technical insurance accounting
- Experienced MS Excel user (pivots, if statements, lookups and experience of working with large amounts of data) and a good command of other MS office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Someone that can work accurately and effectively in a deadline driven environment.
- A dynamic individual that can adapt quickly to change.
- Someone that is able to think quickly and clearly under pressure.
- Experience of using the on-line reconciliation tool BlackLine.
- Familiarity with Oracle, TM1 and Hyperion.
- Knowledge of EI (Enterprise Information), Business Objects, Genius and Iris.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959393630