Senior NET Developer
My client is a global brand, operating in 29 countries ? Since 2007, they have delivered software solutions globally. Due to ongoing expansion, the opportunity has arisen for an experienced, driven .NET Developer to join their team based in the prestigious East Leeds office. Working on behalf of such a respected global brand, will allow you to get involved in some very exciting projects. With the backing of an $18bn business, you will have all the necessary investment to enable you to deliver world class software, based around cutting edge technology.
As a Senior .NET developer, you will be responsible for working as part of the engineering function delivering large and complex web applications.
The role will involve working with the latest C# web technologies under experienced technical architects on projects that will be used by both end consumers and employees. Daily tasks will involve coding in a small team working from specifications on existing and new products.
- Develop and deliver a wide range of high profile, accessible and standards-compliant web projects.
- Work with colleagues and technical resources to define technical solutions that meet business requirements using agreed tools and technologies.
- Carry out testing during the code development.
- Produce technical documentation for software modules being delivered.
- Liaise as appropriate with suppliers and partners to integrate 3rd party solutions.
Required Skills / Experience
- 3+ years? experience developing and implementing quality engineering programs using the Microsoft .NET framework.
- Must possess strong communication and process management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a collaborative team environment with peers and stakeholders.
- Experience executing development within an Agile SDLC.
- Experience working with agile methodologies and workflows.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent industrial experience.
- Experience of implementing automated or performance based tests.
- Proficient in web programming with extensive knowledge of C#, ASP.NET and the .NET Framework.
- Proficient in database development using SQL Server; particularly the creation of database objects including tables, views, stored procedures and functions.
- Exposure to development using NoSql data stores such as MongoDB or RavenDB; particularly the creation of document models, understanding indexing and document retrieval and maintenance activities.
- Strong understanding of internet, systems, web technologies and web service architectures.
- Experience with object-oriented software development methodologies and practices.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the software development lifecycle.
- A good understanding of configuration management, testing and bug tracking; ideally with experience of NUnit, xUnit or MSTest.
- Experience of development file source control using Team Foundation Server and GIT. Including branching, merging and pull requests.
- Ability to understand, improve and debug legacy code if required.
- Ability to write clear technical documentation to support the delivery of a software project.
- Experience of GIT or other distributed source control systems.
- Experience using Agile Team collaboration tools like Rally, TFS or Jira
- Generous salary - up to £55K per annum depending on experience
- 10% bonus (total remuneration = £60,500)
- 25 days annual holiday allowance + bank holidays
- 1-3% matched pension contribution
- This is a large business, who can can offer lots of progression opportunity down the line
To apply, please submit your application via this website ASAP or contact Oscar Benson at Strand Recruitment (IT specialist).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959386740