Accounts and Audit Senior
Our client is based in the heart of Stoke on Trent and requires an Accounts and Audit Senior to join their team. They are dedicated to providing the highest quality business advice and aim to draw on the experience and expertise of a variety of specialist strategic partners providing bespoke business and tax solutions.
The company offers a full study package, flexible working, perk box, death in service (3 x salary), pension, car parking, child vouchers, a suggestion box with the chance to win prizes, and lots of socialising including 2/3 events per year.
As an Accounts and Audit Senior you will be responsible for planning, delegating, reviewing and completing audit and accountancy work for manager review, as well as supervising staff on assignments. This role is a 50:50 audit/accounts position.
Duties for the Accounts and Audit Senior will include:
- Experience of leading an audit assignment from planning through to approval of the statutory accounts by the Board
- Ability to prepare consolidated statutory accounts preferred
- Supervision and mentoring of trainees and audit teams
- Corporation tax compliance work and ad hoc tax planning advice
- Cash-flow forecasting
- To audit a broad range of companies in varying industries from small owner managed companies to large multinational groups
- Qualified or nearly qualified ACA or ACCA
- Strong financial reporting knowledge essential
- Practice experience essential
- Be conversant with all current appropriate auditing and accounting practice
- Have a good understanding of relevant Microsoft Office software e.g. Outlook, Word and Excel and any other packages relevant to the role
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to manage demanding workloads and meet deadlines consistently and effectively
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Practice Accounts, Auditor, Practice Accountant, Senior Accountant, Senior Auditor.
Commutable from: Stoke on Trent, Fenton, Hanley, Tunstall, Burslem, Newcastle under Lyme, Stone, Stafford, Crewe, Sandbach, Congleton, Biddulph.
Hours: Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm - flexi-time is available
Salary: £30k per annum
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959406962