1 year contract for Management Accountant vacancy (maternity leave) to work in the events sector near Kingston
Your new company
My client are an expanding firm specialising in events and part of a large group. The environment is is interesting and challenging and encourages personal development and career progression.
Your new role
This is a really interesting opportunity to work in a small but expanding firm dealing with all aspects of the accounts as well as assisting with installation of new SAP systems.
In this role, you will report directly to the Head of Finance to manage the finance aspects of the business, including acting as line manager to the Finance Assistant. You will be instrumental in supporting the business through its ambitious growth plans, providing relevant and accurate analysis that will support key business decisions.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, budgets and forecasts
- Maintaining and developing financial and administration systems and controls
- Pricing and margin analysis to support key business decisions
- Providing the necessary information to auditors to prepare the statutory accounts
- Perform bank reconciliation whilst monitoring the daily cash flows
- Management of the general day to day bookkeeping duties within the business
- Supervision of the preparation of customer invoices and processing of supplier invoices
- Establishing relationships with the company's customers and suppliers
- Preparation and execution of payments to suppliers
- Credit control of customers invoices
- Management of the Company Secretarial functions of the business
- Preparing monthly payroll information for outsourced payroll provider
- Assisting the Head of Finance with any required Ad Hoc analysis
What you'll need to succeed
You will, be part qualified or finalist, have strong technical skills including management accounts, will have had experience of working in an SME, have strong Excel (test will be given at first interview), excellent communication skills, be happy taking on a year's contract (but also keen to go permanent, should the opportunity arise), and ideally have a genuine interest in sports
What you'll get in return
Study package, excellent training (the client is really keen to develop and nurture the individual, and happy to delegate and support studying with a view to qualifying).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77317708