Software Developer Apprentice
This is a family led organisation who have strong values around their people. The business has a proven track record with apprentices, with apprentices working within many departments.
Bi-monthly apprentice meetings take place to allow all apprentices within the organisation to discuss issues and partake in team building activities.
A typical week will in the development team will consist of:
- 1 Day - Bug fix for existing software and supporting the development team on other tasks
- 3 ½ Day's working on new projects - including web and mobile applications with the support of the development Team
- ½ Day to complete coursework and learn new skills
- Previous IT experience through work or study
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic about working in the IT sector
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Great team players
- Have good attention to detail
- Open to new ideas and keen to learn / a willingness to learn and a keen interest in software and web development
- Not afraid to ask questions
Minimum 7 GCSE's at grade C & above or equivalent.
Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, with a 30 minutes lunch break, 37.5 hrs p/w
After 12 months service, there will be a wage increase to £11,500, with subsequent increase's in the following years.
On successful completion, we will look at offering relevant level 4 courses to further the apprentices learning.
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959368013