Senior Press and Public Relations Officer
Leeds Building Society is looking for a Senior Press and Public Relations Officer to join our Corporate Communications department, based at our Head Office in the heart of Leeds city centre.
About the role
The Senior Press and Public Relations Officer will support the Society's PR strategy to meet corporate objectives through PR campaigns and the creation of shareable content, including press releases, relating to our brand, products, services, CR and community activity, Charitable Foundation, sponsorship and colleague news. You will also support the PR manager with general PR and press office duties.
- Maximise favourable earned media coverage of the Society's products, services, people and brand, with a particular focus on key trade titles
- Create and deliver shareable content, including press releases and other editorial, with supporting materials where appropriate such as photos, infographics etc
- Plan and deliver engaging and topical PR campaigns in support of the Society's corporate objectives, working with subject matter experts and other teams across the business as required
- Develop and maintain colleague relationships at all levels of the Society to maximise PR opportunities and raise awareness of Corporate Communications across the business
- Advise colleagues on PR opportunities and the PR process to support team's profile as subject matter experts
- Maximise PR opportunities from CR activity, including the Charitable Foundation, Sponsorship and donations, and the Society's volunteering scheme, and support the Brand
- Support the PR Manager in receiving, cascading and responding to press enquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- Support Internal Communications and Digital teams with content for the Independent, Collin and Social Media
Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate confidently, clearly and accurately across all channels, including face-to-face, by telephone and in writing
- Good problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to identify, plan and deliver PR campaigns, events and media opportunities
- Experience and understanding of media channels and ability to build and maintain relationships with key journalists
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Good Word skills and working knowledge of Excel
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work with colleagues at all levels
Benefits and Rewards
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance related bonus scheme
- 26 days annual holiday
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Annual volunteering day
- Exclusive colleague mortgage deals
- Leeds Colleague Association scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle flex scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
- Life assurance
- Long service awards
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance scheme
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Travel ticket loans - bus and train
We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both challenging and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
About Leeds Building Society
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do - to help people save money and to buy their own home.
We've won a whole host of awards over the years, which reflect how we have focused on our customer service. We've also worked hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members' needs, and have worked with numerous local communities and chosen charities.
We're not a bank - we're a mutual, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests.
- Click "Please Apply" below.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959380623