Senior IT Support Engineer
Mirus IT Solutions is a business computer Services Company based in Milton Keynes founded by Paul Tomlinson in 2002. The main focus of Mirus it to provide IT support in London, Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas. You will be part of a committed IT Services company providing high quality IT services. The aim is to provide the level of support a business would expect to receive from an internal IT team.
You will be a Senior IT Support Engineer joining one of the Mirus IT support teams supporting some of our key clients. The team consists of another Senior IT Support Engineer, three 2nd line IT Support Engineers and one apprentice IT Support Engineer. Chris Maybray who is the Service Delivery Director manages the IT support teams.
As a customer focused business, our customers like solutions in a reliable timely manner. For this, you will take problem ownership with clear, concise, customer communication whilst managing expectations. As a Senior IT Support Engineer you will you will have experience of troubleshooting challenging queries and experience of an IT managed services environment. You will manage complex activities, project work, and act as a last point of escalation for problem resolution within the service desk environment.
For this, you will have:
- Three to five year?s commercial experience on a service desk supporting SME?s;
- Previous MSP experience;
- An MCP/MCSE/MCITP/MCSA qualification;
- Understanding of and working within the ITIL framework;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Working to SLA?s & KPI?s to meet customer requirements.
Windows Server Technologies, Exchange 2010 + and Small Business Server (SBS) Technologies:
- Install, configure and troubleshoot issues at an expert level.
- Configure sites and services, resolve issues.
VMWare / SAN:
- Determine system state.
Firewalls and Routers:
- Install, configure and troubleshoot issues.
- Running through the DNS structure to ensure domain entries exist for DC?s
- Moving external DNS services around to different IP?s when internet changes.
Symantec Backup Exec:
- Install, configure, set-up backups to tape and disk
- Bare Metal Restores.
- Install and configure.
Hardware Server Management:
- Upgrade, both hardware and firmware.
- Raid configurations, iLO.
As a services business, we do not have a product to sell. The key to our success is the service that is delivered and therefore the people that deliver it. We are proud to be an ?Investors in People? company. The benefits that we offer are ?
- An industry matching salary
- Contributory pension scheme ? Up to 1%
- A tailored professional and personal development plan
- Receive up to 10 days training per annum, relevant to your position
- Fully funded Open University degree with specialism available in Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Software Engineering, Network Engineering or Management Practice. Once completed, you will gain a BSc or BA (Honours) Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions or Management Practice.
- Employee share ownership scheme ? This rewards long standing employee?s with a long-term incentive, this adds to the excellent customer service for our customers.
- We know there is more to life than work ? that is why when you join Mirus IT you will get your pick of our amazing company benefits. That includes phone insurance, Tastecard, and great price cinema tickets, and loads more. Find out more about all our employee rewards here: Perkbox
- Sometimes, we can face issues that not only affect our quality of life, but the quality of our work too. Support is just a phone call away with this valuable employee service that Mirus IT offer called EASE from Westfield Health.
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Computer and telephony salary sacrifices
- Take part in our regular events and activities outside of work.
- First stage: This will be a 30 minute ? 45 minute technical conversation with one of the Mirus IT's Lead Engineers;
- Second stage: Is a Skype video interview with Technical Team Leader;
- Third Stage: A face to face interview in Milton Keynes with the Technical Team Leader and a member of the Mirus IT Senior Management Team;
- Final stage: This is offer and agreement of a start date. Start day is usually a Monday @ 9:30am dependent on your availability.
Click on apply now and one of our Internal Recruiters will contact you, to discuss your experience and skill-set.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959382816