Service Desk Engineer
Block is a leading Business Transformation, Managed Services and Cloud Solutions provider whose success is built on strong and lasting client and partner relationships, dedicated and exceptionally skilled client focused teams, detailed market knowledge, experience and expertise.
We enjoy a privileged reputation across a number of sectors including healthcare, retail and REIT. This reputation is built upon delivering outstanding results for many major clients; results driven by specific business and service outcomes, underpinned by a shared IT strategy. Clients such as Great Ormond Street Hospital, Barnsley NHS, intu and Harrods have benefited from Block?s structured client engagement methodology.
The Service Desk Engineer is responsible for communication, initial diagnosis, prioritisation of support requests. This role supports the Operations team by helping to manage customer expectations and representing the Block Operations Centre. The Block Operations Centre provides technical support, monitoring and alerting, service optimisation and patching and backup/restore. Teamwork is crucial to the provision of excellent service for customer incidents, problems, requests and changes.
- Provide an excellent support experience for Block customers and employees in line with response and resolution SLAs.
- Diagnose incidents and requests and perform initial investigation.
- Act as a single point of contact for internal IT service consumers and external Block customers.
- Responding to customer phone calls & emails.
- Diagnosing incidents and requests and performing initial investigation.
- Performing daily system checks and responding to real-time alerts from monitoring.
- Implementing standard changes and requests.
- Managing hardware break/fix (RMA) and coordinating engineer to site activities.
- Endorse Block services and encourage the same team culture.
- Support the continual improvement process to enhance service delivery.
- Develop and improve processes and procedures.
- Enhance existing methods for efficiency and effectiveness.
Skills & Attributes
- Results focused and methodical investigator with the ability to manage both reactive and proactive workloads.
- Confident communication skills in a customer facing role.
- Excellent organisational skills including managing multiple support tickets and planning changes.
- High standards of documentation for both processes/procedures and network diagrams.
- Helpful attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with team members across different locations.
Experience and Qualifications
Relevant experience, training and certification is desirable, however a strong interest in and passion for delivering great IT services is what we?re seeking
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959406903