Maintenance Engineer x 2 - Elec bias
Salary: £35,000 to £41,500 DOE plus Benefits and Overtime
Shift: 4on 4off Days and Nights
Similar Job titles: Multi Skilled Technician - Electrical Engineer - Shift Engineer - Maintenance Technician - Multi Skilled Engineer - Service Technician
Role: As a member of the Engineering team, the shift technician will contribute to the achievement of the overall business success by providing engineering support to production teams across the operations you have responsibility for. The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of production and site services assets
Shift Technician Responsibilities
- To maintain all equipment as required to acceptable standards as determined by the company
- Fault diagnosis on automated systems using laptop, PC and PLCs to resolve faults and control issues
- Provide electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and process maintenance cover on a day to day basis on all production and site assets as indicated by the maintenance manager
- Maintain the immediate work area, workshops, and engineering service areas to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness and ensure that all engineering equipment is removed from production areas as soon as a job is completed
- Liaise with any other areas of the business as required such as production
- Work as part of the engineering team with respect to engineering maintenance, repair, and continuous improvement. Liaise with any other area of the business as required such as production
- Responsible for developing and improving plant asset reliability and efficiency
- Exercise control over the standards of repairs and maintenance
- To identify and carry out Continuous Improvement (CI) activities in conjunction with line production colleagues and create T cards to cover these
- Carry out line changeover activities in conjunction with production colleagues including contributing to SMED programmes and other lean activities
Shift Technician Desirable Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate a flexible, hands-on results orientated approach.
- Passion to strive for high performance.
- Knowledge and use of lean methods & tools.
- Determination and a will to succeed.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to influence effectively.
- Strong analytical and decision-making capability.
- Capable of implementing change.
- Carry out PPM and breakdown repair effectively.
- Must be technically proficient with strong electrical and mechanical skills.
- Continuous improvement and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to interpret documentation in English Language.
- Experience in food FMCG or equivalent process industry.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959389782