Optimisation Manager - Home Own Brand Renewals
At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
Home Renewal Optimisation Pricing Manager
You will support your team in providing an innovative and comprehensive analytical, statistical and actuarial pricing service for the Direct Line Group. Your accountability will be the ownership and delivery of Home Renewal price optimisation, of our own brands business - Direct Line, Churchill and Privilege.
What being a Underwriting Fraud Manager involves:
- Manage the production of models for Home price optimisation, ensuring these use appropriate techniques and data and are well documented.
- Monitor the effectiveness of models on an ongoing basis to ensure they are fit for purpose and strive continuously to improve the statistical validity and efficiency of all modelling, projection processes and techniques.
- Plan, manage and deliver specific tasks and projects in a pro-active, timely and accurate manner, providing insights, impacts and recommendations, producing reports and presentations for internal stakeholders.
- Ensure the optimisation workspace and outputs are embedded and utilised in the wider Pricing and Underwriting teams
- Analyse trading performance and monitor controls, including producing & analysing tactical MI. Deliver recommendations to support the trading objectives. Identify gaps in existing MI and deliver improvements.
- Provide analytical support and insight to inform and influence business decisions and strategy, with a responsibility for ensuring robustness of output.
- Support the development of analysts; review work, provide feedback and create opportunities for learning in day to day activities.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to enable tasks to be performed in a more efficient manner. Challenge current processes appropriately with suggestions as to how these can be refined.
- Develop yourself in order to maximise your personal contribution to the team and identify opportunities to gain additional skills, including through secondments and/or rotations.
- Ensure compliance with core Direct Line Group Policies, statutory and regulatory requirements, governance controls (including all relevant risk minimum standards) and timely completion of risk and audit actions. Ensure reputational risk is minimised.
- Develop the skills and knowledge for you and your team so that they have the expertise to achieve current and future business requirements, including through secondments and rotations
- Ensure compliance with HR processes, talent management, performance management and people strategy.
- Reinforce the culture and core values of Direct Line Group through appropriate behaviours and actions.
Skills & qualities you'll need:
- An effective communicator at all levels and demonstrate strong relationship management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- A good team player but also be able to use your own initiative and be able to progress work independently.
Business and Technical skills:
- Experience working in a general insurance actuarial/analytical role or equivalent experience in another industry, you'll be able to evidence personal effectiveness in prior roles.
- Previous experience of the personal lines insurance market is desirable
- You will be educated to at least degree level or equivalent in a numerically-focussed degree.
- Knowledge of SAS, EMBlem and RADAR software is preferable.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959406734