SEN/ PMLD TA Job East London
PMLD TA job | primary school | EBD & SEN support | KS1-KS2 | SEN experience essential | pay: £70 p/day +
PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties) Teaching Assistant job in East London
A large, mainstream primary school in Tower Hamlets, East London are looking to appoint a PMLD Specialist Teaching Assistant to provide support to teaching and pastoral staff and be fully committed to helping children overcome barriers to learning . The job will suit an SEN experienced Teaching Assistant who will be expected to work with children with PMLD.
Working within the school's SEN department, the candidate will provide academic and pastoral support to children with severe special educational needs as well as various learning difficulties across KS1 and KS2. You will be responsible for key students who have vulnerable health and additional needs and will endeavour to make education a more positive and enjoyable experience for them. The role entails providing personal care as well so you must be prepared to offer it when needed.
Candidates need to be aware of working according to SEAL (Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning) and IEPs (Individual Educational Plans). The role is to start after October Half Term 2017 and will continue until July 2018.
The school is able to offer excellent support and training for a successful candidate.
The ideal applicant for this PLMD Teaching Assistant job should:
- Have proven track record of working with SEN pupils with PMLD in a primary school setting
- Be ideally educated to degree level (grade C or above in Maths and English is essential)
- Have excellent English skills both written and spoken
- Be hardworking and able to use own initiative
- Have a patient and caring personality
- Have the ability to build relationships and make children feel at ease
- Be willing to provide personal care
If you wish to apply for this PMLD Teaching Assistant job in Tower Hamlets, London please send your CV to Adriana Medygral at Hays Education or call on 0207 259 8770.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77312632