Blaenavon NP4 9RL / Crumlin NP11 3EF
£Competitive Salary & Benefits
BBI Solutions is a leading expert in immunoassay development and manufacturing services, and provides an extensive portfolio of products and technologies to the global diagnostic and pharmaceutical markets.
We are currently progressing through a period of substantial growth as an organisation, and have the requirement to recruit a Process Technician into our growing operation. This role will initially be based from our Blaenavon site, but will move to our brand new Global Centre of Excellence in Crumlin, by early 2018.
The Process Technician will be responsible for improving the production department and providing support to the production teams.
Day to day, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Initiate, manage and drive the implementation of Continuous Improvement, cost reduction and efficiency gains
- Managing new equipment to include;
- Trialing with product
- Determining new cleaning methods
- Writing new Equipment Operating Procedures
- Writing equipment qualification protocols
- Writing process validation protocols and execution
- Report writing
- Generation of associated controlled documentation (FMEA, Control Plan, Manufacturing Batch Record, Standard Operating Procedures, Equipment Risk Assessment, Process Risk Assessment etc.)
- Change control ? review and update of documents and / or processes to support changes and improvements
- Managing and completing non-conformity records within BBI?s quality system including participation in equipment and process failure investigations and troubleshooting
- Training of Production employees on processes, process changes and production activities
- Adherence to all SOPs, EPs and relevant documents
- Management of maintenance, calibration and cleaning of equipment and production areas
- Use of SAGE
To be successful in the role, you will need to have prior manufacturing experience - preferably within biologicals, and be technically sound in the areas of qualification, validation and project management.
You will be educated to degree level in a scientific discipline, and will be experienced in continuous improvement, with knowledge of LEAN, Six Sigma and other improvement initiatives.
You will need to have strong communication skills and IT skills, with Office, SAGE and minitab capabilities.
The salary offering for this role is competitive and makes up part of BBI?s attractive benefits package, which includes:
- 5% contributory pension scheme.
- Life Assurance
- Private health care scheme.
- 28 days? holidays (inclusive of bank holidays) with up to 4 additional days off.
- Participation in the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes.
BBI is a fast-paced and agile business, with a track record of growth, and the opportunity to influence and direct the business going forward. We deliver exceptional products and technologies that people rely on to enjoy a better quality of life. We look for our people to be active participants in BBI life, to make work fun as well as challenging
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959381222