Short description intro...
This is currently freelance however could turn to perm. You will be covering a wide selection of garments, the Garment Technologist works closely with the Technical Manager, Senior Garment Technologist and the Production team to ensure all deadlines are met in production.
About the company...
Beautiful ladies wear designer based in London.
About the Garment Tech role...
- Manage all stages from Development handover, from shipment to stores garments including woven, tailoring and outerwear
- Work with the Production Coordinators on sample approval and bulk delivery
- Chase fit samples, measure and prepare samples for fit sessions
- Assist fit sessions to assess and improve all aspects of garments
- Give clear comments to the factories for finalising specs
- Assess risk factors through fabric test reports and action solutions where necessary
- Follow critical path to ensure deadlines are met at all stages
- Make weekly reports for managers and Technical team
- 2 years’ experience as Garment Technologist within the luxury fashion industry
- Positive attitude and fast learner
- Strong understanding of patterns and construction
- Sharp eye for quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a busy team, and prioritise work during busy periods
- Good level of IT skills
- Fluent in English
If this Garment tech role interests you, please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit your cv. Alternativlely please email your CV to
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77289041