Fantastic Opportunity Available for a Commercial Underwriter, Harrogate, Permanent, starting salary between £25,000-30,000 per annum, Neg depending on experience. Onsite parking as well as train station 5 minutes walk from the office. Excellent benefits package including contributory company pension, private medical, life assurance.
Established in 1995, Rural Insurance, part of Primary Group Limited, the award-winning specialist insurance provider, is an underwriting company dedicated to providing insurance solutions to meet the needs of agricultural and rurally-based businesses. Working exclusively with brokers, we supply insurance products that provide a broad range of rural business and farming requirements.
Based within our Harrogate head office which is five minutes walk from the local train station and two minutes drive from Harrogate town centre, we are looking for a Commercial Underwriter with experience preferably in the agricultural industry, however commercial or general insurance experience would be welcomed.
As a Commercial Underwriter you will have good organisational skills with excellent attention to detail. In addition you will have previous experience of working to tight deadlines. You will be a strong team player but with the ability to work independently and will be able to prioritise a busy, varied workload. You will be a good communicator (written and verbal) with a strong supporting focus.
The role will involve working with a portfolio of commercial accounts, on the complete lifecycle from new business, existing business and renewals.
Key responsibilities as a Commercial Underwriter include
- To strive for maximum efficiency, development and profitability
- Identify & triage of new business enquiries meeting the company's appetite
- Identify and seek out additional key risk information required to adequately underwrite and price risks
- Underwriting of new, existing business in accordance with the company's underwriting strategy and Underwriting Guide
- Underwriting policy amendments
- Resolution of queries from clients, other team members etc
- Resolution of accounts queries
- Identify own training needs and communicate requirements to line manager
- Work in accordance with personal Underwriting Licence
Requirements of a Commercial Underwriter include:
- Previous commercial underwriting experience
- Awareness and understanding of Compliance rules
- Awareness and understanding of the FCA Rules and how to comply with them
- Application of underwriting skill and judgment
- A working knowledge of market wordings and products.
- A working knowledge of the law as it relates to insurance
- A good understanding of the broker environment and broker relationships
- Agricultural /commercial underwriting experience, or experience of dealing with agricultural/commercial products in a broking environment
- Ability to write in plain English and avoid unnecessary use of jargon
- An ability to understand and anticipate customer needs
- An ability to work accurately and consistently
- A high level of numeracy
- An ability to gain maximum benefit from strong negotiation skills
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Customer Focus
- Developing Self and others
Benefits & Incentives
This is an exciting role which will provide a wealth of experience and has the potential to develop into a log term career within one of the UK's leaders within the Insurance sector.
Your benefits package will include' contributory company pension, private medical, life assurance plus ongoing training and development. Don't delay, click apply and make Rural Insurance your future!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959366700