Assistant Company Accountant
New opportunity not to be missed! Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Company Accountant to join the team based in Weston-super-Mare. Joining them on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary.
They are one of the UK’s market leaders in the manufacture and supply of all cold water storage tanks. They specialise in sectional tanks and one piece tanks and they offer standard size tanks or custom built tanks to suit individual project requirements. They also provide a range of other GRP manufactured products including housings and biofilters, as well as kiosks and cabinets. They provide full project management for jobs of all sizes and also offer their clients training on the installation of water tanks, this also includes providing installation services to the construction industry.
The Assistant Company Accountant will have responsibility for the management of the Finance function of the business, which includes the supervision of other staff members employed. This role will report in to the Company Accountant, and will be an integral part of the team.
Duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Company Accountant:
- Monthly trial balance and management accounts.
- Management of the company treasury function.
- Preparation of year end accounts and liaison with external auditors.
- Balance Sheet accounts reconciliations
- Management of the Sales Order and Purchase order Processing functions.
- Preparation of monthly payroll: review of weekly payroll calculations.
- Completion of Inland Revenue returns for PAYE/NI, VAT CIS, and other statutory reporting requirements.
- Management of the month end stock taking process.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Professional Accounting qualification e.g. AAT, ACA, CIMA, ACCA.
- Good numerical skills.
- Post qualification experience in a manufacturing environment desirable.
- A high level of computer literacy to include SAGE line 50, Paymaster payroll processing, Microsoft Office suite and specifically Excel and word.
- Be capable of working closely with all business functions.
- High energy level required.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Experience of working in and improving upon, a customer focused environment
- The ability to work as part of a close team
With excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your career, they are the place to be. Why not click apply today to become their Assistant Company Accountant – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join them.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect their policy of no cold calling.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77298950