Assistant CPE Trading Underwriter
Assistant CPE Trading Underwriter
Job ID: R-57711
Leeds ? Grade B (Competitive Salary)
A number of exciting permanent opportunities have arisen within the Speciality Risk team in Leeds for Assistant CPE Trading Underwriters. Working as part of the aligned team, the role will involve providing assistant underwriting to CPE Underwriters based in Leeds. This will include building an appropriate network of internal and external relationships, receiving and responding to enquiries and meeting high standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
We are looking for dynamic, positive people who have a can-do approach to join our team. You'll need to be a strong team player with the ability to manage your workload. You will have great communication skills and actively pursue opportunities to improve the efficiency of customer and administration processes and procedures to assist UK General Insurance achieve its targets.
About the role
As a successful candidate, you will have a unique opportunity to develop a long-term career with the UK?s largest insurer. We have ambitious plans to continue to grow our market share and the scale of our UK operations provides further scope for individual development and progression.
This role will give you a fantastic opportunity to develop your technical underwriting skills including sponsorship to study for the Chartered Institute of Insurance (CII) exams. It will also give you the opportunity to build your trading skills with the chance to meet both brokers and customers face to face.
As a successful candidate you will be trained to have a full working knowledge of Aviva?s CPE Insurance products, including:
- Market awareness and presence
- In-depth knowledge of trends / patterns within Finance and Insurance sectors
- In-depth technical and product knowledge and understanding of products underwriting strategy
- In-depth knowledge of risk management and risk management solutions
- Legislation / regulation
- Trading skills and behaviours
- A major part of the role will be to work closely with Trading Underwriters to deliver and provide full end to end policy management for CPE
- Be relentless in spotting & driving opportunities for service and process improvements by acting on feedback from customers, sharing ideas with managers, peers via team meetings/systems thinking immersions.
- Delivery of business KPI?s in conjunction with your Manager/Team
- Promote and drive team culture in conjunction with your Manager.
- Take personal responsibility for your own development in line with business strategy evidenced through verbal and practical application.
- Responsibility for governance and risk in conjunction with the Manager/Team.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Proven track record of continuous improvement in delivering excellent customer outcomes
- Proven experience in cultivating & building strong sustainable internal/external relationships
- Track record and delivery of personal development and growth
- History of successful autonomous working practices
- Celebrating success is second nature
- You will need to have a minimum of 5 GCSE qualifications (A to C) or equivalent including English and Mathematics.
- You will also need a good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we?ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva?s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959400363