IT Project Manager - Leeds - c£40-55k
IT Project Manager - Leeds - c£50-60k
Are you an experienced IT Project Manager with exposure to managing multiple projects in unison? Have you worked for an IT services provider and are looking to become a specialist? Are you looking for a career with on the most successful IT consultancies in Yorkshire?
The Larson Group is currently recruiting an experienced IT Project Manager to join a highly successful software consultancy based in Leeds. Our client delivers solutions and services that help organisations meet their challenges using Oracle database systems and bespoke application development.
From consulting through to design, build and product delivery, our client is able to translate
some of today's most challenging business requirements into innovative and competitive
IT solutions using Oracle technologies.
Our client will continually encourage you to enhance your expertise and help you develop your career. They provide a breadth of roles and opportunities, many of which involve working with some of the industry's leading Oracle technologies.
The role is office based but does include some travel to customer sites. Applicants must
be authorised to live and work in the UK, and must be based in the Leeds area.
- Competitive salary (Open to negotiation depending on experience)
- Car allowance
- Company pension plan
- Private medical healthcare
- Death in service insurance
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
The role will involve ensuring projects are managed effectively, delivered on time, within budget and
scope. The candidate will need a solid understanding of Oracle databases and other leading IT technologies and a technical appreciation of IT infrastructure. This role also requires the ability to manage multiple detailed projects simultaneously.
The IT Project Manager will manage projects through the full lifecycle (e.g.
Initiation, Requirements, Business Case, Design, Build, Test & Live) and document/manage
as living documents, the project plan, issues, actions risks and dependencies. There can be
approximately 10 projects running at any one time and the role holder could have
responsibility for different sized projects that are progressing simultaneously.
While managing these projects you will work closely with the sales, DBA and development
business divisions, in conjunction with our customers.
In addition, you will facilitate workshops or presentations relevant to the progression of the
project while maintaining constant communication with project stakeholders and
management to report on progress.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth delivery of our customer projects, ensuring they are getting maximum benefit from their investment.
- Coordinate internal resources and customers/third parties for the seamless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Developing project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as required.
- Manage the relationship with the customer and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple projects in unison
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle Technologies, Infrastructure Networks, Server Virtualisation and an awareness and understanding of additional software programmes and technologies relevant to Oracle infrastructure environments.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in IT Project Management.
- Experience of working on multi-client project delivery.
- Qualified PRINCE2 Practitioner or equivalent.
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Proven track record of successful project delivery.
- Project reporting experience.
- Experience of identifying and managing risks, issues and dependencies, and building
- mitigation plans.
- A track record in coordination of teams and personnel.
- Have worked in a multi-customer environment.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering technological environments.
- Highly analytical in problem solving with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking.
PLEASE NOTE - Due to the high level of interest in this role, please do not contact the Larson Group unless you have submitted your CV First. The point of contact for this role is Jamie MacMillan.
Keywords - IT Project Manager / Oracle Project Manager / ERP Project Manager / PM
Larson Resource Group Limited is registered in England & Wales with a company number 06110626. Registered office address is Windsor House Cornwall Road Harrogate HG1 2PW. Our VAT number is 916 0028 57. Larson Resource Group Limited trades as an Employment Agency when placing permanent candidates and as an Employment Business when placing Contractors (under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment and Business Regulations 2003) In accordance with these regulations you should have received a copy of our Client Terms of Business. If you have not received a copy please contact a member of staff immediately. All discounted rates quoted are only valid providing all other terms are met in accordance with our standard Client Terms of Business. For more information on Larson Resource Group please review our website *********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959378993