Software Developer Degree Apprenticeship
The Client produces Vehicle Routing and Scheduling software. It is in the process of migrating its software tools and services to cloud based systems. The underlying technologies for this development include:
- The Scala programming language for back-end development including Akka and the Lagom microservices framework
- SQL and NoSQL databases systems including GIS databases
- Linux based deployment including Docker
Looking for a career in Software? Interested in a Degree Software Apprenticeship?
QA have an excellent opportunity to start your career in Software Development and IT Management with a hybrid role. This position is for a small software development company in Stevenage.
In this role, you will be responsible for taking on a number of roles including assisting the head of development and customer systems in the managing of the company's existing systems for customer services (both on premise and cloud based) and assisting in the development of the company's new products.
This will be a challenging placement for any applicant who is enthusiastic about a career as a well-rounded software developer with the opportunity to specialise in new and exciting programming languages and frameworks.
We're looking for a mature and responsible candidate who is dedicated to both their work and supporting the team around them.
Beyond the apprenticeship-training course, we will provide you with training materials and access to on-line training to get you up to speed as a valuable member of the team. As you progress through the year, your performance will be reviewed and rewarded if you excel.
- Work with Development Team in new product development, including design, coding and testing
- Support team in production of documentation and UI guidance for new products
- Ensures existing product documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Responsible for supporting Linux-based servers and related systems (web authentication, Docker management)
- Responsible for managing system and product updates for existing java-based proprietary software applications
- Work with Development Team in managing web-based services, including Microsoft Azure services
Personal Skills and Qualities:
- Excellent time management skills and a keen sense of responsibility
- Fast learner and keen to build on knowledge base
- Can clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally
- Displays a positive attitude
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself
- Experience of using the command line in Linux or Microsoft environments
- Understanding of main elements of computer services infrastructure
- Good working knowledge of at least one programming language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desirable skills Include:
- Familiarity with DevOps tools (Gitlab)
- Knowledge of one of Scala, Java or C#
- Knowledge and understanding of database systems and SQL
- Required Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will have an A grade in GCSE Maths & English
- Ideally at least one A level (or equivalent) in Maths, IT, a Science or other technical subject
9am - 6pm, Monday-Friday
Quick increase in responsibilities in the company and pay, with regular assessment milestones (every 6 months), with a full time role and continued support for further academic apprenticeship opportunities following completion of a successful placement.
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959405619