IT Support Apprentice
IT Apprenticeships - IT Technical and Network Apprentice- Bromsgrove
This is an exciting role for an IT Apprentice to join an established company as an Apprentice Network Engineer. We are looking for candidates with a discernible passion to begin a career within the IT industry. You will be familiar with the configuration of IT equipment and have an enthusiasm for finding solutions to IT problems our customers may encounter.
Key Areas of Responsibility Year 1:
- Answer inbound support telephone calls and offer support to customers
- Update Helpdesk Ticket system.
- Be responsible for personal ticket queue, ticket updates and completing tasks with agreed SLA.
- Ensure all information is logged and explained clearly to clients
- Be able to write detailed and explanatory notes of conversations to ensure all information is recorded on the Helpdesk system.
- Be aware of other jobs and projects within the helpdesk system.
- Responsible for escalating jobs to appropriate staff members
- Confident customer service, over the phone, and on site.
- Contact clients back within appropriate timescales to meet SLAs.
- Be able to listen to client issues, note key information and interpret customer needs.
- Promote a ?Can Do? attitude, show how to look for solutions and not problems.
- Maintain a tidy and safe office, desk, and work environment.
- Take action on requests verbally from clients and Account Managers so they are not missed.
- Weekly Backup Checks
- Setup of the following hardware;
- Phones (provisioning).
Skills Obtained Throughout Apprenticeship:
- Understanding of Windows 10, 8 and 7. Knowledge of OS use, configurations, locations of settings.
- Familiarity to talk a client through the OS interface without seeing a screen.
- Microsoft Office ? 2016, 2013, 2010. Working knowledge of Outlook configurations for
- Exchange, Office 365, IMAP
- Active Directory ? Change passwords, update user objects settings, create new users.
- Understand Security Groups.
- DNS ? Understanding of how DNS is used.
- DHCP ? Add, modify and delete DHCP reservations.
- Microsoft Exchange Server ? 2016,2013, 2010. Create new users, update email addresses, change forwarding, add additional email addresses, check mailbox sizes.
- Understanding of WAN + LAN Networks
- Diagnostics on Windows Computers & servers, understanding event logs.
- Understanding of network fundamentals
- Understanding of IP address fundamentals
Key Areas of Responsibility Year 2:
- All Responsibilities of year 1.
- Troubleshooting of 2nd line jobs.
- Beginner to intermediate configuration and troubleshooting of switches
- Beginner to intermediate configuration and troubleshooting of Wi-Fi systems and Access Points
- Beginner to intermediate configuration and troubleshooting of servers and storage systems
- Beginner to intermediate configuration and troubleshooting of Firewalls and Security Devices
- Beginner to intermediate configuration, modifications, and troubleshooting of email systems
- Beginner to intermediate configuration and troubleshooting of VoIP systems.
Skills Obtained Throughout Apprenticeship:
- Understanding of switching and switching technologies such as; VLAN?s, Trunking, LACP, STP, layer specific functionality.
- Understanding of wireless and wireless technologies such as; Encryption methods, RADIUS,Roaming, Captive Portals, Hot-Spots, wireless optimization.
- Understanding of servers and Server Operating Systems including; Microsoft Server (2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008R2, SBS Platforms), Advanced active directory configuration (Forests, Sites and services, Group Policy Management), Hyper-V and virtualization technologies, Backup and Recovery, RAID Levels, File systems, Print Management.
- Understanding of Firewalls and Network Security including; Packet Filters and Proxies, Various Security Suites, Protocols, VPN?s, security best practices.
- Understanding of Microsoft Exchange and online email systems including; Microsoft Exchange (2*************** SMTP, IMAP, POP, IIS, Certificates, Mail flow, MX Records, SPF, Anti-SPAM.
- Understanding of VoIP and PBX Phone systems
- A good knowledge of general IT, with a sound technical knowledge of Microsoft Software
- and Windows Operating Systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to think logically and have good problem-solving skills
- A strong customer focus
- The ability to prioritise your workload
- Attention to detail.
- An understanding of both PC hardware and software
- An understanding of networking and configuration.
- Good practical skills
We are looking for a confident individual who:
- Is passionate
- Is professional
- Is motivated
- Has a keen attention to detail
- Is trustworthy
- Is dependable
- Is versatile
- Is ambitious
Job Type: Apprenticeship
To apply for this IT APPRENTICESHIP please click APPLY NOW!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959404845