Systems Support Administrator
Polkadotfrog are working with a progressive and growing organisation on the outskirts of Saffron Walden who are a managed services provider providing services to businesses all over the UK. Our client has a sophisticated private cloud and IP based networks that require lateral thinkers and they are looking for a skilled, enthusiastic Linux Systems Support Analysts to complement an existing networks and servers team.
Within this new role you will be tasked with some interesting and cutting edge projects from maintaining and improving the current infrastructure to keeping the infrastructure secure against hackers and data leaks. You will be required to build on the existing focus on resilience and HA and continue to develop the existing monitoring and performance indicators
Applicants will come from a Support / Systems Administration background working in a Linux environment with ideally experience or at least a basic knowledge of scripting. You will have commercial experience of VMware and feel confident deploying and managing virtual servers.
- - Commercial experience in a Linux Support or Systems administration role
- - Linux OS, Debian, Ubuntu, CentOs.
- - Good knowledge of security principles including firewall (Cisco/Vyos/iptables)
- - Knowledge of network administration, routing, DNS, VLAN
- - Experience with Nginx preferred (not essential)
- - Knowledge of MySQL, Postgres & NoSQL (Elasticsearch) admin
- - Good knowledge of server health tools
- - Knowledge and keen interest in IT Security
- - Scripting and Automation knowledge or a keen interest (e.g. Bash, Ansible)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959399327