Project Manager - Telecoms / SCADA
Siemens Rail Automation(SRA) is recruiting for a Project Manager to join our growing Ashby-de-la-Zouch or York based teams. The role will lead the delivery of specified projects for Telecommunication and SCADA systems required for Mainline and mass transit railway operating companies within the UK. This will involve the management of all project Application Engineering, Installation, Testing and Commissioning activity and delivery of all systems designed to meet the needs of the contract on time and within budget.
What are my responsibilities?
- Interface with the Sales and Marketing Team and, as required, manage the preparation of SRA Tenders. This shall include the development of project specific execution strategies designed to meet the Client's needs and the SRA business objectives
- Safe delivery of projects to the 'as sold' specification meeting the project objectives within the agreed timescales and budget delivering the required margin, whilst ensuring that the Company Management System is complied throughout the project lifecycle
- Interface with functional line management to define and mobilise the necessary resources required for the execution of the project, thereafter leading and coordinating the activities of the project team
- Preparation and maintenance throughout the project of a comprehensive Project Management Plan, as a live document. This will detail the project implementation procedures in line with the Company Management System and the 'as sold' Project Execution strategy
- Leading the implementation of effective Safety and Environmental management of the project ensuring that each of the project delivery functions has systems in place to cover their safety responsibilities. The PM shall ensure that regular audits are undertaken to ensure that the systems are in use and are effective
- Ensure the implementation of Quality Assurance throughout the Project Lifecycle through effective implementation of the Siemens Quality Assurance process
- Monitor progress against the project programme, and budget identifying and mitigating adverse trends through effective corrective management action
- Monitor and report project progress and status throughout the project lifecycle ensuring timely and accurate reports are prepared as required by the Client / Alliance and SRA in accordance with the Project Reporting and Review Process. This includes: Project Planning and Earned Value based progress analysis and reporting, Resource Management, Risk analysis and management, Proactive Issue Management, Detailed Financial analysis and control, Commercial Management of both Head Contract and Subcontracts
- Lead day to day communication between the project team and the clients (and Alliance partners, if applicable), establishing and maintaining a positive working relationship
- Responsibility for managing the Contractual Scope of Supply throughout the Project Lifecycle through the implementation of the Change Management Process and the approval of any changes to scope, base lined programmes and budgets
- Work with the Project Delivery Director to manage and control the commercial aspects of the contract
- Ultimately the PM shall be fully accountable to the Project Delivery Director for the timely and safe handover of the project meeting and WRSL business objectives as defined in the SRA Contracted scope of supply
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Experience of managing high value capital investment projects involving a high degree of Client interface (essential)
- Experience of delivery of Rail Telecommunication and SCADA projects through the full project life cycle (both - not essential, single - essential)
- Preparation of Proposals, Tenders and contract negotiations through to Award (essential)
- Management of multidisciplinary project teams (essential)
- Development and implementation of innovative project execution strategies (essential)
- Management of Project Control function covering Planning, Estimating, Financial Control and commercial management disciplines (essential)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - ability to deliver key messages efficiently and effectively, tailoring the approach to the audience as appropriate, in order to promote action (essential)
- Proven ability to lead and drive a multi-disciplinary project team, ensuring delivery of all contractual outputs to cost and to plan (essential)
- Project Management skills - strong understanding of the hard and soft aspects of programme management. Possess high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability to build consensus (essential)
- Commercial awareness and aptitude - able to contribute to commercial and contractual issues, drawing upon past experience with railway / engineering contracts (essential)
- Exposure to a highly regulated engineering industry, of which some time should have been in a project role
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline, possibly supported by a second degree in a management discipline
- APM accredited or equivalent
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK's major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year's revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959364511