Medical Device - Nomenclature Developer
The Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) is the international standard name for all medical devices.
It is used by governments, manufacturers and hospitals to name and sort medical devices and improve the management of medical device information, including compliance with safety regulations, such as the US FDA UDI Rule, which support device selection and patient safety.
The GMDN is maintained and managed by the GMDN Agency and distributed to users through an internet-based database. It is currently enjoying a rapid world-wide expansion of use, due to new internationally-coordinated regulations and marketing requirements.
The GMDN Agency is based in Oxfordshire, UK. The GMDN Agency needs to recruit a new Nomenclature Developer to join the Term Development team. This team is responsible for authoring GMDN descriptions for all new medical devices.
Full training will be given concerning:
- The use of the GMDN within global medical device regulatory frameworks and the evolution of UDI systems.
- GMDN design, structure and term development methodologies and use of the on-line database application.
The role involves reviewing new medical device products, authoring GMDN terms, and participation in other activities that promote the use of the GMDN to a global audience.
Candidates must have experience of working with medical devices or have an awareness of medical devices with a strong background in life sciences.
- Self-motivated individual, able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Proven professional background, with evidence of self-motivation and attention to detail.
- Must be fluent in English and fully competent in technical writing (in English).
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of PC.
- Have an eye for detail and enjoy exacting, precision and challenging work, also a good sense of order.
- Be able to travel to attend meetings both in the UK and abroad as required.
Please submit a CV and, either as part of the CV or as a separate document, a written text of no less than 300 words (which will be used as an indicator of writing proficiency), outlining your suitability for this job based on your qualifications and experience. Please email your application to *******************
Medical Writer, Technical Author, Terminologist, Nomenclature, Medical Writing, Medical communications, Writing, Medical Device, Medical Physics, Medical Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, UDI.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959398052