Job ID: R-57235
Assistant Underwriter - Worthing ? Grade B (Competitive Salary)
A number of exciting permanent opportunities have arisen within the Corporate & Speciality Risk (CSR) teams in Worthing for Assistant Underwriters. We are actively recruiting for strong dynamic candidates with the drive and desire to be assistant underwriters.
Working as part of the aligned team, the role will involve providing assistant underwriting to underwriters based in London. This will include building an appropriate network of internal and external relationships, receiving and responding to enquiries and meeting high standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
We are looking for strong dynamic positive people who have a can-do approach to join our team. You'll need to be a strong team player with the ability to manage your work and also have great communication skills. You will actively pursue opportunities to improve the efficiency of customer and administration processes and procedures to assist CSR achieve its targets.
The role will require travel to and from our London office as business need dictates.
- A major part of the role will be to work closely with Trading Underwriters in our London team to deliver and provide full end to end policy management for large complex Corporate Risks.
- Relentless in spotting & driving opportunities for service and process improvements by acting on feedback from customers, sharing ideas with managers, peers via team meetings/systems thinking immersions.
- Delivery of business KPI?s in conjunction with your Manager/Team.
- Promote and drive team culture in conjunction with your Manager.
- Take personal responsibility for your own development in line with business strategy evidence through verbal and practical application.
- Responsibility for governance and risk in conjunction with the Manager/Team.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Proven track record (not business specific) of continuous improvement in delivering excellent customer outcomes.
- Insurance Underwriting experience preferable along with CII qualification or working towards.
- Proven Experience in cultivating & building strong sustainable internal/external relationships.
- Track record and delivery of personal development and growth in previous roles.
- History of successful autonomous working practices.
- Celebrating success is second nature.
- You will need to have GCSE qualifications or equivalent in English and Mathematics.
- You will also need a good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Competitive Salary DOE.
- Defined contribution pension scheme.
- Income Protection.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Excellent flexi-benefits package.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we?ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva?s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959379661