Field Support Engineer - Win OS, Active Directory
Field Support Engineer - Desktop Support, Windows 10, Active Directory
Primarily involved in responding to and resolving customer opportunities, this might entail working on a customers help desk, attending a number of the customer sites during a roll out or being involved in customer one off situations. This will include pre sales activity including information gathering, attending customer meetings and working closely with Account Managers and the Project Office to ensure customer satisfaction.
The individual must be highly motivated and able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team. There is a high possibility of working away from home so a flexible approach is of vital importance.
- To verbally communicate at various levels to explain the solution provided to th customer. Will also need to communicate well within the Ultima organisation.
- Written communication skills required for communicating to the customer and internally at Ultima. Involvement in writing up procedures and documents may be required.
- To play an active role in the team, remaining flexible to support others in busy periods and be prepared for working long periods away from home. Long journey times may also be involved.
- Configuration - all aspects of desktop/server hardware installation and builds, delivery to customer environment
- Microsoft support for all aspects (MS Office, Windows (desktop), Windows (Server), Exchange, TCP/IP, General Network troubleshooting, desktop troubleshooting)
- Hardware support for all aspects (HP/IBM/Dell/Apple server hardware, all aspects of desktop hardware troubleshooting, printer/fax/phone hardware and software troubleshooting/maintenance)
- Installation and cable management of rack power systems, rack power ups and testing
- Installing customer hardware and software on site.
- Fault finding and fixing PC users hardware and software
- Working within customer environments adhering to their policies, procedures and Health & Safety guidelines.
- Be responsible for any of Ultima?s property that may be within your care.
- Actively strive to improve technical ability by self-study, organised in-house training and attendance of external courses.
- Where possible look to promote Ultima?s solutions to its customer base.
- Ideally educated to 'A? Level standard
- Ideally working towards MCIPT qualification, MCPs to include Server, Workstation and Networking essentials or Comptia A+ and N+ accreditations.
- Hardware Knowledge - PC?s, Laptops, Servers and Printers
- Essential knowledge - Windows XP, 7, 8.1 and 10, Internet Explorer, Outlook 2010, Office 20106 / O365, Anti-Virus, Domino, Windows Remote Support Tools and Network Infrastructure.
- Preferred knowledge - Windows Server 2003- 2016; Windows 10, Office 2016, Networking, Active Directory, SCCM, Apple / MAC devices.
- Needs to be literate, numerate and most importantly articulate
- Experience in a technical customer facing role
- Good communication skills
- Must be enthusiastic
- Must be self motivated, tenacious as well as a team player
- Must have the ability to communicate with and work effectively with customers and internal departments.
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must have a flexible working attitude
- Must be able to contribute to individual, team and company targets and objectives
- Must be commercially minded with good common sense
- Must be conscientious with an attention to detail
- Must be able to travel to customer sites in the UK
- Excellent telephone manner
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959397437