Transport is a rapidly changing industry. The way people consume travel and their requirements while on the move are increasingly diverse. To maintain our position as one of the leading transport providers, our company is undergoing a Group-wide digital transformation.
Stagecoach Group consists of a number of Divisions, all at different levels of digital maturity. Our core, Group-level product team is responsible for delivering high-quality digital products on behalf of Divisions, owning Group-led products and contributing to a Centre of Excellence that is accessed by stakeholders across the Group.
Purpose of Role
The role of Product Owner is a key project role that together with the rest of the project team, works towards the same goal. The main responsibility is to define and prioritise requirements and user stories while constantly reviewing the roadmap and managing the backlog of requirements to then prioritise. It is essential for the Product Owner to support the vision of the product (customer & business needs) and conveys this to the development team.
- Be the driving force, and owner of, the product ? whether this is on behalf of a Division or Group-led product(s).
- Serve as a voice to project the expectations of customers on new or already existing products
- Ensure implemented product features add value to end users and increase company returns.
- Drive cross-functional engagement with your product(s) ? from senior business stakeholders, through UX and project management, to developers.
- Define high level requirements and user stories for your products.
- Work closely with the Business Analysis team to translate high level requirements into detailed features and user stories.
- Highlight product features in a manner clearly understandable to the development team.
- Prioritising feature enhancements.
- Ensure the successful monitoring and measurement of products ? prior, during and post implementation.
- Provide regular commentary and context on data generated.
- Test delivered products to ensure they have been delivered against the defined customer and business requirements.
- Manage and working closely with external and internal suppliers.
- Plan, organise and participate in product presentations to key Group stakeholders and business owners.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience of working as a Product Owner.
- Experience of working with business stakeholders to capture and validate requirements.
- Experience of working with project and technical teams to deliver digital products (web essential, app preferable).
- Experience of driving product roadmaps and prioritising enhancements.
- An appreciation of UX and design.
- Experience of working with both third party suppliers and in-house technical teams.
- Experience of delivering products via agile (essential), waterfall and hybrid project methodologies (desirable).
- Experience of eCommerce products.
- Degree-educated or equivalent.
- Certified scrum product owner (CSPO).
Skills & Behaviours
- Commercial acumen ? the ability to understand the needs of the business and find practical solutions while at all times prioritising the needs of the customer.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with senior business stakeholders and technology partners.
- Strong teamwork, co-ordination, planning and influencing skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to quickly assimilate, sort and aggregate complex information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to write clearly and interact well with all levels of audience.
- Being curious and passionate about delivering your products.
- Being a positive influence on your colleagues is natural to you.
- UK travel will be required, with the potential of international travel.
In return for your skills and experience, we?re offering a competitive salary along with the opportunity to work in a role that will have significant influence in shaping the future of our organisation while working in an industry sector at the beginning of an exciting period of transformation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959385514