Technical Services Manager
Technical Services Manager
Combination of Home, Factory and Customer Locations
Ideal Location: North West, Yorkshire, East Midlands
Job ref: CST/38447
Salary / Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Our client is the UK's leading independent supplier of PVC Compounds, used in nearly all areas of plastics processing. Industry sectors include: construction, packaging, electrical & electronics, transport, leisure and healthcare. The art and science of PVC compounding is at the heart of the company?s core expertise and its success is a blend of customer service, PVC-based expertise and versatile manufacturing. Its core technical team has over 150 years of combined PVC compounding experience and the business constantly invests in research and development to remain at the forefront of polymer innovation.
Customer facing role requiring rapid response to technical issues at customers including the development of customer and product based projects. In addition to being a key technical point of contact, the role is also required to provide support to the sales team in developing commercial opportunities with both existing and new customers.
- Visit customers at short notice to assess and investigate issues or gather appropriate information
- o This will involve face to face discussions with the customer at all levels
- o Assessing the suitability of the customer process and trouble shooting
- o Assessing product issues and provide solutions or negotiating outcomes
- Develop relationships with customers regarding problem solving and technical issues
- o All technical concerns at customers are addressed through to completion
- Develop relationships with customers regarding customer specific projects and new product developments
- o Contact may be through sales lead or self-initiated
- o Introduce new technologies to selected customers
- o Work closely with customers with regards to customer specific projects
- o Work towards such a relationship that the business receives all initial technical/material enquiries
- Liaise internally at all levels to progress through to completion customer issues, projects and developments
- o Organising, progressing and carrying out plant trials
- o Progressing any technical work both internally and externally
- o Driving solutions to issues/projects and developments through the business
- Promote where possible the company?s customer focus ideology both externally and internally
- The role is comprised of time spent at customers, based in the factory supporting product development and trials and occasional administration days at home office where necessary
Key Experience required:
- HND/Degree level in Polymers, Chemistry or related Materials Science qualification
- Expert in polymer processing and ideally experience of PVC
- Good technical mind with confident interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing technical projects from concept to completion
- Self-motivation / drive to work autonomously building relationships with customers and identifying new potential business through technical enquiry
- Personable, likeable, dependable and open minded
- Good communication skills, both externally communicated with customers and internally with colleagues
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Accurately interpret customer viewpoints and processing data, keen eye for detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask essential
The successful candidate will find themselves in a dynamic and rewarding role, heavily involved in shaping and driving the business into the future.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, you are encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity by forwarding your curriculum vitae and letter of application via email to *****************************.
The company has retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
To apply please contact Conrad Taylor
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY ? ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2017: Arabplast, JEC World, European Coatings Show, Plastteknik, Interpack, Moulding Expo, fip Solutions, Kunststoffen, Interplas, Fakuma
Follow us on: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+,Blogger, Pinterest ?
Member of: British Plastics Federation Business Support Network; The Packaging Federation; Society of Plastic Engineers
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959370629