Based in Cheshire
Job ref: JH/40194
Salary: From £35000
Benefits: Company car
An International supplier and manufacturer of plastic compounds and resins is looking to recruit a talented Applications Engineer to support the sales and customer service teams in technical questions, specifications, technical requests and grade information, this role will require an element of travel as visits to customer sites in the UK and Ireland and on the occasion Europe will be required.
To actively promote and support new business development activities, and be responsible for the technical service for customers in the business unit of engineering polymers. Look to understand and make use of internal resources, applications, the product management team, and the technical and quality teams to ensure internal systems are effective.
- The person is responsible for the technical service for customers.
- To oversee and manage customer trials, qualification and validation activities.
- To act as a technical coordinator during the customer complaint process.
- To assist with internal improvement activities, and training.
- Create and give technical presentations internally and at customers.
- Liaise with customers and the sales team in regards to material and grade recommendations. Also where customers have technical questions and issues with materials or processes.
- When necessary visit customers with processing or material issues to ascertain causes and possibly effect solutions either on-site with process changes or through recommendations in material/formulation alterations.
- Where required, attend tool trials on development samples or existing grades to support customers and/or sales.
- A willingness to undergo ongoing training.
- Strong process background
- Qualification as technician or technician in the area of plastics processing.
- Minimum 5 years? experience in a plastics process function.
- Strong knowledge of plastics and their applications.
To apply please contact Jason Hutchison
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove has offices in Stratford-upon-Avon, Düsseldorf, Lyon, Barcelona, Milan,
Amsterdam, Malmö and Dubai
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY ? ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2017 & 2018: Interpack, Moulding Expo, fip Solutions, Kunststoffen, Interplas,
Fakuma, PlastMilan, Compounding World
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959398114