Factory Manager - Modular Building Up to 60K Package
Factory Manager - Modular Building Up to 60K + Package
Our client, based on the expertise of two complementary industry leaders. One of the UK's leading homebuilders and world-leaders in off-site manufacturing and construction of schools, hospitals, restaurants and residential buildings. Using intelligent off-site processes, they aim to provide customisable, high quality homes and create inspiring places to live.
Summary of Position:
The Factory Manager is responsible for the delivery of the product on time and to standard from multiple production lines.
With responsibility for a team of up to 300 production staff with between 6 and 10 direct reports, the right person will lead by example on Safety and Quality and will drive a culture of open communication where every member of the team has an input into how things are done.
- Responsibility for the operations team including recruitment, performance management, training and coaching
- To assist the Senior Management team in the overall direction, coordination and implementation of the company strategy and goals
- Execute the operations plan on time and to standard
- Drive Continuous Improvement in operations through organising and motivating the team
- Lead on quality and safety within operations, ensuring zero accidents and zero defects
- Monitor the effective running of the factory ensuring all tasks are carried out to the highest standard
- To be an active and encouraging manager, establishing and maintaining effective means of communication
Qualifications & Training:
- Ideally degree educated in an engineering or manufacturing discipline
- Formal Safety qualification e.g. NEBOSH Diploma
- Proven work experience as a plant/factory/operations manager with some P&L accountability
- Demonstrable history of implementing flow manufacturing in a low capital, manually intensive environment
- Knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Behavioural Safety Champion
- Computer literacy - office products and Microsoft Navision/Dynamics
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing preferred.
This is a permanent role with an annual salary up to £60,000pa + full benefits package.
Please note that every effort will be made to contact all applicants, however due to the high volume in candidate applications if you have not had a response to your submission within 10 days please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959389981