Location: London, SW1
Day Rate: Negotiable
Duration: Contract / Interim - Minimum 6 months
Working in an agile, multi-disciplinary team, primarily with developers, product manager, and user researchers you will be involved in the Front-end design and development work to transition general information, facts and figures from public beta on GOV.UK to ?live', and Improving the user experience of the internal publishing tool and streamline publishing processes. You will also be involved in the Prototyping and development of the public-facing site, presenting complex data in clear, accessible formats in order to fully meet user and public needs. You will create user journey maps, produce interaction and visual design in line with ONS and GDS style guides and patterns.
Do you have what it takes?
We welcome applications from candidates possessing the following attributes:
- Experience in designing accessible, easy to understand data visualisations for online services, including statistical data using the GDS and ONS style guides.
- Writing cross-browser HTML and CSS (using SASS pre-processor)
- Producing rapid high-fidelity prototypes for user-testing
- Experience of browser and mobile device testing
- Familiarity with GOV.UK web design patterns
- Understands user needs and designs services that meet them
- Have proven experience of working on agile projects as part of a multidisciplinary team, with regular user research, as outlined in the Government Service Design Manual and Digital Service Standard
- Technical expertise and past experience in building accessible front-end interfaces using GDS design patterns and responsive design.
- Source control (using Git), TDD/BDD
- Familiarity with Python 3 and the Jinja2 templating language
Our client prides itself on developing and investing in its workforce...
Along with a competitive day rate you will be a key and valued representative of a high-profile project being undertaken within this organisation. You'll be working with some of the industry's most acclaimed professionals within the field and gain the opportunity to make your mark on this exciting project whilst developing your own portfolio of skills.
If this sounds like your next move, please contact us today for further information ensuring to apply with your most current CV.
The Resourcing Hub
The resourcing hub is a brand of @its (search & selection) Ltd. Services offered are those of an agency for permanent work and employment business for the supply of contract staff.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959391584