Senior Automation Engineers / QA Testers x 2
My client are currently recruiting for 2 Senior Automation Engineers to join their Development team. My client is a global company with over 33,000 team members in 200 locations. Since 2007, the company has dealt with contracts in 29 countries with their services available in 29 different languages and 42 currencies - they are real front runners in the industry and a very credible, sought after employer who rewards staff and recognise the importance of supporting staff to be the best they can be.
Working on behalf of such a respected global brand, will allow you to get involved in some very exciting projects. With the backing of an $18bn business, you will have all the necessary investment to enable you to deliver world class software, based around cutting edge technology.
As a Senior Automation Engineer you will be working in a team implementing the Test department?s automated test strategy. Testing by designing, implementing and executing automated feature/load and performance tests for the company?s products and services.
The role offers the opportunity to collaborate with, Software Engineers, Test Engineers and Test Analysts, both onsite and offsite, to build innovative and effective automated test solutions. You will be responsible for ensuring that digital applications (online & mobile) meet customer expectations and are free of defects, through the utilisation of automated testing, reducing the overhead of manual test effort.
The role requires a technology minded individual with extensive knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices as well as agile development methodologies. This position must be able to communicate equally well with business owners, customers, and technology professionals. Candidates must demonstrate experience along with the skills necessary to implement a total quality engineering solution.
This position reports to the Development Supervisor.
- Write, schedule and maintain clean and clear automated unit, integration and UI tests.
- Understand complex relational and object data models and write effective test data preparation scripts
- Take responsibility for test automation through the full testing life cycle
- Take technical ownership of re-usable test framework, it?s maintenance and enhancement
- Create a clear reporting platform for automated test runs, analyse and distribute actions based on results
- Automate testing over desktop, tablet and mobile web based platforms
- Automate testing across multiple browsers
- Collaborate with functional QA Analysts to facilitate knowledge transfer
- Liaise with Development team, ensuring defects are communicated and resolved
- Integrate testing into CI and CD pipelines. Provide automation of quality gates at all phases of the delivery pipeline
- Provide suitable, benchmark and load based testing scenarios to prove scalability and stress test scenarios
- Provide utilities and framework enhancements to simplify the automation process for others
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- 5+ years Quality Assurance experience developing and implementing total quality engineering programs.
- Experience working with agile methodologies and workflows.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent industrial experience.
- 5+ years commercial automated testing experience
- Good C# or Java experience
- Selenium Webdriver experience
- Good working experience of SQL Server 2014
- Working knowledge of RavenDb or other NoSql technologies
- Good knowledge of Rest and Soap based service automation
- Experience automation testing process and implementing new automation strategies
- Solid understanding of QA practices and tools
- Previous experience of writing and execution of functional test scenarios
- Focus to work to deadlines and deliverables
- Experience of implementing automated performance based tests.
- Knowledge of .NET development tools/methodology beneficial.
- Generous salary - up to £45K per annum depending on experience
- 10% bonus (total remuneration = £49,500)
- 25 days annual holiday allowance + bank holidays
To apply, please submit your application via this website or contact Oscar Benson at Strand Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959387093