Senior Marketing Manager
Location: Cambridge, with occasional travel to other locations
Rate: £45000 – £55000, dependent on experience
Basis: permanent; full-time, part-time or flexible
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the UK
The Raspberry Pi Foundation’s mission is to put the power of digital making into the hands of people all over the world. Since launching our first product in February 2012, we have sold more than 15 million Raspberry Pi computers and helped kickstart a global movement to get more people involved in computing and digital making. We have trained thousands of teachers and engaged hundreds of thousands of young people in our educational programmes, including through our global network of more than 11000 Code Clubs and CoderDojos. Our free educational resources are used by millions of people every year.
As part of the next phase of our growth, we are looking to appoint our first Senior Marketing Manager to lead the development and implementation of our marketing strategy. The person taking on this role will have the task to meaningfully engage millions more people around the world with our content, clubs, and competitions. Our main audiences are young people, parents, volunteers, and educators.
The role is based in the Foundation and focused on increasing engagement with our educational activities. It does not encompass our trading subsidiary’s product marketing and distribution activities.
You will be responsible for designing and delivering our overall marketing strategy, creating and implementing high-quality marketing campaigns, setting marketing budgets, and establishing and monitoring marketing KPIs, including ROI, across all activities. You will also assess how we use events in terms of effective marketing, as well as develop the range and distribution of merchandise we use to promote our educational programmes.
The ideal candidates will be a strategic and practical thinker who likes to make things happen and is willing to work directly on frontline delivery. They will have a background in using marketing to build large-scale community-based movements, and they will be passionate about helping young people learn about computing and digital making.
We are open to candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, such as education, membership organisations, publishing, gaming, and others. What matters is whether you have the vision and expertise to meet the challenge of supporting millions of young people in becoming the digital makers of the future.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Raspberry Pi Foundation’s marketing strategy.
- Create and deliver end-to-end marketing campaigns in target countries which inspire children and young people to engage in our online content, join our clubs, and take part in our competitions. Much of the focus will be on engaging these users through their parents and educators, and on attracting tens of thousands of new volunteers to help set up and run our clubs.
- Bring expertise and experience in all marketing disciplines, including market research, SEO, copywriting, digital and social media, branding, advertising, public relations, merchandise, and events.
- Develop the Foundation’s market research capabilities, e.g. building a deep understanding of user needs.
- Co-ordinate and deliver all online and offline artwork and assets required for advertising, publicity, literature, and promotions.
- Work with our Director of Communications to identify a strategy that encompasses national and regional media, creating and developing stories and angles with key media organisations.
- Use analytics tools to measure the success and ROI of campaigns, reporting to senior stakeholders.
- Build relationships with internal teams (e.g. content, clubs, distribution partnerships, fundraising) and external agencies.
- Manage the marketing budget, assessing ROI where possible to evaluate and refine the effectiveness of activities.
Experience and personal attributes
You must have:
- Passion for the mission of the Raspberry Pi Foundation, and a vision for our marketing strategy
- Significant experience in a marketing leadership role in a relevant context
- Strong skills in managing people, budget, and projects
- Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of various marketing approaches
- Experience of implementing systems for measuring the impact of marketing strategies
- A history of creating compelling marketing campaigns employing traditional, social, and digital media; web; advertising; events; and public relations
- Evidence of managing relationships with third-party agencies and delivering brand personality and tone of voice
- Strong analytical as well as creative skills
- A track record of managing successful partnerships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
You will ideally have:
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of computer science education, digital making, or a related field
- Experience working internationally
- A marketing degree or equivalent
- Experience establishing a new marketing function
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer the following benefits to all our colleagues:
- 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- Good support for working parents, including family leave policy
- Pension with 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance
- Cycle-to-work, season ticket loan, and childcare voucher schemes
Timetable for applications
Deadline for applications: 9am on Monday 20th November
Interviews: Friday 24th November (please let us know on your cover letter if you are unable to make this date)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77290489