User Experience Consultant
User Experience Consultant
We currently have exciting new opportunities for Senior UX Designers to join our team here at Aviva. This is a permanent role based in either Norwich or London. Please note that, internally, this position is called UX Consultant.
At Aviva we help people build financial resilience over the long term. Many struggle to make good, long term financial decisions. Our brains aren?t wired that way and there are few social norms which help. This presents us with a real opportunity to make a difference in people?s lives.
Aviva is one of the oldest companies in the UK. We can trace our roots back to the Hand in Hand Fire & Life Insurance Society in 1696. We?ve evolved many times and we?re doing it again. We are a collaborative organisation that is on the long journey to becoming truly customer centred. We deliver smart and essential products and services that people rely on. Doing so in such a large organization is challenging, and it?s not for everyone. But if the opportunity to have a positive impact on the future of 30 million customers appeals, then read on.
You will be designing digital products that help our customers build financial resilience. You will be working with a diverse team of designers who have a wide range of experience. From game design to start-ups, large corporates to agencies, and digital publishers.
Our work as user experience designers goes optichannel. We don?t just design discreet apps and websites. We design integrated, complex systems which give our customers superpowers.
As a Senior UX designer you will help to deliver these systems. You will work with visual designers, copywriters, experience researchers, product owners and developers to craft the shape of the experience. You will also work with proposition managers, customer experience managers, lawyers, risk and compliance folk to ensure the products meet the needs of the business.
To succeed in this role, you will need a mixture of skills:
- Participating in the discovery of customer needs.
- Defining shape of digital experiences.
- Reviewing, analysing and critiquing customer-centred design briefs.
- Visualising abstract concepts to represent user journeys, personas and goals, information models and more.
- Working with researchers to define and critique research processes and outcomes.
- Solving strategic and complex customer problems with many dependencies through collaborative experience design practices.
- Using different UX tools and processes to use at different stages of different projects.
- Reusing existing in house design libraries. And identifying opportunities to expand them when necessary.
- Producing wireframes and interactive prototypes to depict proposed functionality to customers.
- Working developers and business analysts to provide detail about your design concepts.
- Understanding the materials of digital and being able to reframe and challenge technological constraints.
- Seeking feedback and challenging both your ideas and those of your team.
What we are looking for:
- You will have worked at a world class digital organisation.
- You will have designed a digital experience for a complex, global organisation.
- You will have worked on projects with complex interactivity and information models, not just marketing or content-focused websites.
- You will have experience with research and testing as part of the design process. Including but not limited to desk research multi-variant testing, and user testing.
- You will love collaborating with practitioners, with product experts and with customers.
- You will have worked with stakeholders to elicit requirements.
- You will love co-creating designs and to negotiating design decisions.
- You will be an expert at creating understanding and empathy for design work. You work have worked with people from various professional backgrounds up to board level.
- Familiarity with Sketch & InVision workflows is an advantage.
- 29 days' holiday plus bank holidays.
- 10% on target performance bonus.
- Up to 14% Company contribution to your pension.
- Aviva flexible benefits.
- Employee discounts.
- Season ticket loan.
- Share scheme.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we?ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959370217