The successful candidate will be working closely with the company's Technical Director and under guidance of the Office Manager and will be required to work under their own initiative.
DryStream Technical Services is seeking to recruit an IT Technician for its Installations and Support department in St Albans, Herts.
Since 1993 DryStream Technical Services has provided installation and support services of general PC equipment and, more extensively, DryStream TOUCH EPoS systems for Dry Cleaners and Launderers.
Training will be given to learn DryStream software and the Company's support systems but the successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide first line telephone and remote access customer support of all the hardware and software products the Company handles
- Use the Company's BMS support database to log and manage support calls
- Prepare PC & EPoS equipment and software disks etc prior to dispatch
- Test and diagnose equipment returned from customers and suppliers and carry out basic repairs
- Organise returns of faulty equipment to suppliers and returns of equipment to customers
- Keep customers informed on the progress of repairs
- Remedy data faults and prepare simple queries to interrogate dBase and MS SQL databases
- Install PC equipment & DryStream EPoS systems to customer sites nationwide
- Train end-users on the use of DryStream Software
- Carry out general workshop and office duties
The successful candidate will require a solid understanding and practical working knowledge of PC hardware and printers and of MS Windows XP and Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and general PC software and will be required to demonstrate that practical working knowledge at interview.
They will need to have excellent clear and supportive communication skills, essential when supporting customers over the telephone and for face to face service, installations and training visits.
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
Monday to Friday, working hours to be determined by line manager
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959379724