Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Senior Cloud Software Engineer (AWS/ Java /Python / Microservices / TDD / CD)
Our client are looking for an experienced and motivated cloud/backend Senior software engineer who is passionate about Lean Software development and code craftsmanship. You will be working alongside a growing team of like minded engineers in our clients rapidly expanding IoT platform engineering group. You will be responsible for building world-class technology employing the latest continuous delivery and devops practices to deliver the next generation of connected apps and systems.
If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, fast moving environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges, then our client would love to speak with you!
Our client is building world-class cross functional Agile teams and adopting the latest technology and techniques to ensure they can deliver their ambitious vision in the connected space. You?ll be working to create a world-class user experience in one of the fastest moving technology domains, alongside other engineers, designers, commercial strategists and electronics engineers.
- Highly experienced software developer in Java, Python, C# or Scala
- You understand DevOps practices and have used them to build CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge and development of Cloud based systems using AWS/Azure or Docker-based container management system
- Broad and extensive knowledge of software development processes
- You have strong understanding of BDD and TDD, unit testing, performance testing, mocking and contract interfaces
- High experience of design and implementation using SOLID principles, design patterns and architectures
- Solving problems and finding elegant solutions in a timely manner
- Knowledge and experience in a variety of CI/CD technologies and practices
- Strong SQL and NoSQL experience
- Knowledge of AWS data tools (EMR, Redshift, Elasticsearch, Athena, Kinesis)
- Knowledge of ETL data processing systems (Spark, Storm, GoogleBigQuery)
A senior developer will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Push code daily that will be relied upon by our ever-growing fleet of connected users and products
- Developing new features and extending existing data platform using Java Python and a range of deployment automation and monitoring tools
- A good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Support and coaching of software developers through advice, guidance and pairing
- Improving team efficiency by analysing working practices and procedures
- Work effectively as a key member of an agile development team utilising Scrum based methodologies and tool suites e.g. Atlassian JIRA/Stash
- Steering the direction of development in order to assist platform growth and feature enrichment
- Review the code of others for accuracy and functionality and to offer guidance for improvement if needed
- Monitor and assist with the deployment of code through test environments towards production and the handling of any issues that arise
- A passionate approach to work and a desire to push boundaries and constantly improve code quality.
- Self-starter, able to take an idea from concept through to production
- Keen to assist others and both learn from and teach those around you
- Have a keen sense of ownership of code produced by you and your team members
- Demonstrate a continuing interest in emerging technologies and practices
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with teams locally and in different time zones, as well as non-technical colleagues
Our client would love to talk to you about any personal or open source projects you might be working on, talks you may have given or articles you have written. If you have a profile on a website like Github, please send this along with your CV for consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959383633