User Experience Designer
Leeds Building Society is looking for a User Experience Designer to join our Digital Experience department, based at our Head Office in the heart of Leeds city centre.
About the role
As a User Experience Designer you will help to create new Digital Experiences as well as developing existing UX solutions. Working closely with stakeholders from across all areas of our business you'll take a User Centred Design approach to design engaging experiences that meet the needs of our customers and our business.
You'll help test and validate those ideas with customers and business stakeholders to give the Society a high level of confidence in the designs we want to progress.
Working closely with internal development and third party providers you'll help oversee the production of your solutions to ensure they are delivered to exacting standards and high-quality output.
You will be responsible for designing the User Experience for small and medium projects, with supporting roles in large Digital Change programmes.
- Responsibility for User Experience Design on small & medium projects
- Help create best in class online experiences that truly differentiate Leeds Building Society and drive our digital aspirations
- Ensure that deliverables meet both business objectives and the needs of our customers
- Assist in the execution of the LBS Digital Experience vision and carry out User Experience Design activities across the Discovery, Define, Design and Deliver phases
- Proactively identify, influence and deliver opportunities for better user experience journeys
- Present work by explaining the problem, opportunity, collaborative process, justification and technical considerations contributing to the design solution
Skills and Experience
- Experience of industry standard experience design / UX, methodology and tools
- Proven experience of successful design and delivery of experience design elements of small to medium projects
- Significant experience within a digital function/department or User Experience agency. This can include user research, requirements gathering, collaborative workshops and other Experience Design techniques
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Marketing / Creative topic or a related field with a strong portfolio of User Experience Design work
- Demonstrable ability to translate key business objectives into design solutions that communicate effectively and engagingly with customers
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to work with stakeholders
Benefits and Rewards
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance related bonus scheme
- 26 days annual holiday
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Annual volunteering day
- Exclusive colleague mortgage deals
- Leeds Colleague Association scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle flex scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
- Life assurance
- Long service awards
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance scheme
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Travel ticket loans - bus and train
We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both challenging and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
About Leeds Building Society
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do - to help people save money and to buy their own home.
We've won a whole host of awards over the years, which reflect how we have focused on our customer service. We've also worked hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members' needs, and have worked with numerous local communities and chosen charities.
We're not a bank - we're a mutual, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests.
- Click "Please Apply" below.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959380336