Gas Proposals Manager/ Engineer
The future of the UK's Energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
Siemens Managed Services in Rochester are looking for a Gas Proposals Manager/ Engineer to bolster the Gas Grid Metering team. You will be responsible for evaluating the technical commercial elements of tenders and ensuring that compliant proposals are submitted within the required timescales.
We would welcome applications from individuals who have extensive gas industry knowledge, coupled with contract/proposals/ bid management experience.
As Gas Proposals Manager/ Engineer You will:
- You will develop strong relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Ensure all tenders and enquiries to the Networks business segment are assessed and responded to with the required timescales in full compliance with the tender specifications and Siemens policies and procedures.
- Technical and commercial evaluation of tenders. Develops tender responses in full compliance with customer requirements and to develop internal costings using existing methodogies.
- Ensure that tenders and proposals are deliverable technically, commercially and within agreed timescales
- To interface with key suppliers to ensure high quality products and services are provided competitively. Liaison and co-ordination with procurement and other support functions as required
- Ensure all tender clarifications are assessed and responded to pro-actively during the tender lifecycle. Production of necessary documentation requested within tenders and during evaluation stages.
- BSC /HND in engineering discipline or equivalent
- Extensive experience working within UK Gas energy industry
- Bid management/proposals/ contract experience
- Process engineering technical background required (Gas measurements experience is important)
We're Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Siemens Digital Grid is a leading global supplier of intelligent energy transmission and distribution solutions.
Sitting within Digital Grid, Managed Services is at the core of the development of global cloud based offerings for Utilities, Network Companies and End users. The wide portfolio of services range from smart metering, communications and billing, right the way through to data management and analytics. Our turnkey and grid control solutions form the core of Siemens' Digital Grid service offering.
Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959373317