Software Engineer - NET/C#/SQL
We have an excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer to work in Derby.
The main purpose of this role will be to deliver software projects within Balfour Beatty Rail Technologies by undertaking analysis, design, and development activities in line with the business software development process, software quality plans, and all other internal quality processes.
- Developing robust maintainable software for projects allocated by the business.
- Carrying out work in accordance with our ISO-9001 and TickIT plus quality system.
- Supporting the full project lifecycle as required from requirements capture through to final testing.
- Advising the Project lead of: progress against plan, identified risks, exceptions and issues.
- Occasionally leading projects which may require the adoption of the work management role & responsibilities for other individuals in the software development team.
- When operating as a project lead, to agree work packages and timescales with the Software Product Manager.
- Creating and reviewing documents, code or finished systems as required by the Software Product Manager / Project Lead
- Working alongside other software developers for the purpose of analysis, design, development and testing of allocated software deliverable.
- Providing 2nd line support to users as required
Skills & Experience
- Appropriate training in Software engineering such as a Software engineering (or similar) degree or industry accreditation (MCSE etc.)
- Strong Commercial Experience of Visual Studio.Net development environment and C#.Net
- Strong experience delivering projects in a commercial environment including:
- Development across a full stack - CP: LINQ, SQL Server, EF, Lambda Expressions, JS, JQuery, CSS, MVC/MVVM.
- The use of Collaborative Working tools ? Source Control / Continuous Integration / Bug Tracking / Task Tracking
- The use of mature testing processes including Continuous Integration, TDD, Mocking, Requirements Management
- Release management processes and tools
- Commercial experience of agile techniques.
- Desirable - Basic appreciation of the rail industry
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959387776