Sales Engineer / Applications Engineer - Pumps
Sales Engineer / Applications Engineer
Flow Control Engineering are hiring for another Applications Sales Engineer / Internal Sales Engineer to join their team
Review formal customer enquiries and prepare detailed, technical quotations which meet customer requirements technically and commercially, whilst providing the company with the best chance of winning an order.
- Review formal customer enquiries to determine project suitability.
- Select pumps for complex pumping applications in the fire industry.
- Prepare detailed technical and commercial quotations.
- Obtain supplier quotations to enable accurate equipment costing.
- Provide technical support to customers throughout the pre-order stage.
- Support the external Sales team during the technical and commercial bid evaluation phase.
- Assist the contracts department with technical queries during the manufacturing period.
- Preparation of detailed contract handover documentation.
- Attendance at customer meetings (office or site).
- Cover sales in the region TBA.
Pump selection and operating regime.
Enquiry review to determine suitability.
Written and verbal communications with internal and external customers, suppliers and SPP staff at all levels.
The preparation, presentation and discussion of technical and commercial material with senior personnel from internal and external customers.
Customer focused and work well under pressure.
Engineering knowledge and preferably within the pumps industry.
Experience of selling activities in a pump, compressor or other rotating machinery environment.
Highly numerate with competent IT skills, particularly Excel and Word.
Knowledge and practical application of ISO9001.
HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject.
Experience of pump selection and operation, including system interaction.
Experience of API pumps selection.
Experience of SAP System or similar.
Knowledge of pump applications within the Petro/Chemical industry.
Experience of contract ? both technical documentation and negotiation of Ts & Cs.
The ability to handle multiple complex priorities with tight deadlines.
Maintaining professionalism and integrity under all conditions.
Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations.
The ability to make decisions in a time and pressure sensitive environment.
Effective time management and organisational skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation and negotiation.
Ability to work as part of a team or independently as appropriate.
Ability to work unsupervised in a productive manner and prioritise workload.
Highly self motivated.
Full driving licence.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959379423