A qualified accountant is needed for one of the University of Oxford Colleges, based in Central Oxford
Your new company
My client is one of the University Colleges and is an independent charity but also forms part of the University as a whole; undergraduates and graduates are members of both the college and the University.
Your new role
Reconciliation and administration of fees;
Responsible for carrying out quarterly VAT returns
Reporting of monthly National Statistics;
System administrator for the Meal Booking System;
Stock administration and reconciliation, including arrangement and management of stock takes;
Debt management and reporting;
Responsible for monthly journal posting and report running;
Assistance with budgeting, forecasting and year end processes.
What you'll need to succeed
Skills and Aptitudes
1. First-class financial and accounting skills.
2. Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
3. Ability to work in an organised and methodical fashion, with attention to detail and accuracy.
4. Interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal confidently with a wide variety of people, including senior members, other college staff, junior members. An awareness of the sensitivities in dealing with a variety of different constituencies within a college context.
5. Organisational skills, including the ability to balance demands from different areas, to prioritise work and manage time. [Essential]
6. Problem-solving skills, with the ability to exercise initiative.
7. Good command of the English language (oral and written).
8. IT skills appropriate to the role including word-processing, internet and e-mail, manipulating spread-sheets (advanced Excel), handling databases and preparedness to learn new applications as required.
9. Ability to implement new financial software systems.
Attitudes and Disposition
1. Ability to work calmly under pressure and to meet deadlines.
2. Ability to work unsupervised and to take initiative.
3. Ability to work collaboratively within a team, assisting colleagues as required.
4. A flexible attitude towards duties.
5. Discretion and an understanding of the demands of confidentiality.
6. Judgement and diplomacy, with ability to deal tactfully with all members of the institution.
7. Sympathy with the aims, objectives and values of an Oxford College.
1. Willingness to work flexibly to meet the fluctuating demands of the University calendar.
1. Good all round accounts experience.
2. Experience in the timely preparation of financial reports.
3. Experience of modern accounting management systems and software.
4. Management of financial planning activities and effective budget controls.
5. Meticulous attention to detail together with a willingness to be hands-on.
6. Relevant knowledge of Oxford Colleges/University system.
What you'll get in return
Annual holiday allowance of 25 days inclusive of Christmas and Easter closure periods.
Membership of the contributory Oxford Staff Pension Scheme.
Free lunch during the working week (when kitchens are open).
On-going Personal Development and Training
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77313859