You are Design Engineer with over 3 years' hands-on experience within an engineering/manufacturing environment, probably with a small team of people working for a successful small to mid-sized company.
You will be joining a profitable family owned business operating at the forefront of their field. Being well established, they provide their employees with longevity and progression opportunities, as well as exposure to working with some of the most innovative technology within their industry. Their purpose-built site in Blandford homes circa 200, making them one of the larger employers in North Dorset. There is unpaid parking and plenty of nearby local facilities available, supplying you with a comfortable, modern working environment.
This Design Engineer role will include duties such as:
- Communicating with key stakeholders at all times throughout design projects to ensure effective delivery
- Engineer and deliver effective projects plans backed up with the production of regular and timely progress reports/updates as required
- Ensure issued designs are compliant with all statutory regulations, prevailing standards policies and procedures relevant to medical equipment/devises.
- Be responsible for your development, striving to request training and support where necessary and maintaining a relevant and up to date skill set
- Design and development of non-catalogue items (non-standard product) following internal procedures as well as the further design and development of standard range products from new and current projects
- Providing assessments and support for the companies impressive Continuous Improvement Programme, engaging and contributing to new initiatives
- Advocating and taking responsibility for the health and safety or yourself and other employees within the workplace - following company procedures at all times
You will need to possess the following skills/attributes:
- Experience in using 3D modelling software - Solidworks, Pro-E, Inventor or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Pro-E or CREO would be desirable - as would PDM Link
- Product design experience is essential - specifically designing sheet metal work (light duty) and designing of tubular fabrications. An understanding of designing plastic mouldings would be useful
- Experience designing medical equipment would be beneficial however not essential for the role
- Educated to at least GCSE level (or equivalent) with a preference for an Engineering or Science Degree
- You will need to be a team player with good interpersonal skills, have an analytical mind and be numerically sound
Keywords: Design Engineer, Design Engineering, Creo, Pro-E, 3D Modelling, Product Design, Sheet Metal Work, Tubular Fabrications
Commutable from: Blandford, Dorchester, Yeovil, Shaftsbury, Poole, Salisbury.
Call me, Samantha for a confidential talk about this Design Engineering position. I can be reached on ************** ******************************* or by applying to this advert now.
Our team guarantees complete confidentiality and will never submit candidate's details or share them with a third party without first obtaining their permission.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959367610