Deskside IT Support Engineer Apprentice
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a successful £100m service delivery organisation, based in London. FDS is a wholly owned subsidiary of DXC Technologies whilst operating as a separate legal entity. Their service portfolio includes the provision of IT services through an on-site and mobile delivery, provided by 800 employees at 160 locations across the UK & Ireland.
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee, you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
A modern apprenticeship position providing onsite day-to-day ICT support based at our clients location. The role will require a flexible individual with competency across hardware and software support on desktops, laptops and mobile devices. This role is a modern apprenticeship position, which provide a number of weeks training at one of our apprenticeship provider's academies.
Main role/ responsibilities
Duties would include:
- Workplace refresh program
- Problem solving/fixing laptops and desktops both software and hardware.
- Installs, moves, adds and changes
- Logging calls and first time fault fix
- Working on bespoke hardware or software projects as and when required
Qualities / essential requirements
- Good verbal communication: with the ability to communicate to all levels of covering our client, Apprenticeship provider and FDS staff and management
- Good written communication: For clear and concise, call logging, escalations, documentation and email correspondence
- Strongly self-motivated with the ability to work alone under own initiative
- Good organisational and time management skills
Someone with 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English would be ideal
2 year proposal - MA (All increases subject to achieving stated objective's
Weeks 1 -26 (26) £3.50 per hour
Week 27 -39 (13) £4.10 per hour
Week 40 -52 (13) £5.64 per hour
Week 53 - 78 (26) £7.05 per hour
Week 79 -104 (26) £7.95 per hour
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959381446