I am currently recruiting for an experienced SQL Server Developer. I am looking for someone with substantial development experience and some background in business intelligence.
The role requires the successful candidate to build, maintain, update and optimise elements of the current in house proprietary software package that will require skills in T-SQL stored procedures, SSIS packages and SSRS reports.
Further to this the candidate will be involved with the design and development of the new version of the software that went into development less than 12 months ago, which in addition to the above skills will require the development of a data warehouse and associated SSAS analytics cubes. Due to the complex nature of the data we work with excellent analytical skills are required.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Ability to act as a mentor to the junior members of the team and lead the development on group projects.
- SQL Server development environment and associated tools (e.g. Management Studio, SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor). Legacy system is in SQL 2005, the new SaaS system is in SQL 2014 (soon migrating to SQL 2016).
- T-SQL programming and troubleshooting, query performance optimisation/tuning, primary and foreign keys, indexes, views, stored procedures, functions.
- Understanding of database schema design and concepts, security and user management, partitioning and compression.
- Design, build and operation of ETL packages using Integration Services (SSIS) and Data Transformation Services (DTS). Experience processing large data sets.
- Documentation of processes.
- Creation and support of reports using Reporting Services (SSRS) and Excel.
- Design and implementation of Data Warehouses and Dimensional Modelling.
- Knowledge in Building and maintaining OLAP cubes with Analysis Services (SSAS). Some MDX experience is desirable.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Quality Processes.
- Strong problem solving capability.
- Any experience with the .NET programming languages and statistical languages such as R would be desirable but not mandatory.
- Ideally you have a good degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or Mathematics / Physics related discipline (or equivalent) from a recognised University
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959383659