Accounts Officer / Accounts Assistant
Manage the process of scanning, resolution and exceptions handling, validation and payment of Invoices and Travel and Expense Claims in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring the integrity of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable ledgers are in compliance with Internal Sub-ledger policies and procedures.
Under limited supervision, incumbents apply established standards to routine assignments
- Perform day to day invoice validation and review activities in adherence to the company's policy to ensure invoices are interfaced to Oracle R12 in an accurate and timely manner
- Investigate and resolve any price or quantity variances between purchase orders, good receipts and invoice receipts in adherence to the company's policy and initiate approval process of exception invoice handling
- Liaise with the business and supplier contact to resolve issues related to exception handling and resolution of supplier invoices
- Process payment files and supplier statement reconciliations, and complete payment runs to ensure payments occur according to agreed supplier terms
- Analyse and resolve issues related to billing and issued invoices and escalate any issues to the Accounts Receivable Manager
- Develop and maintain applicable customer billing documentation and supporting procedures and keep up to date
- Perform day to day receipt reconciliation in adherence to the company's policy, and in an accurate and timely manner
Travel and Expense
- Process expense claims in an accurate and timely manner, and reject claims that are in breach of policy and notify the employee and relevant managers
- Ensure compliance to Travel and Expense policies and procedures and proactively identify and raise non-compliant issues with the Travel and Expense Team Lead
- Provide customer service for employee travel and corporate card concerns, and maintaining effective customer relationships
- Monitor and audit all corporate card transactions and expense reports to ensure proper card usage in adherence with company's Travel and Expense policy
- Identify and report continuous improvement initiatives in relation to the process, systems and technology
- Develop and maintain applicable documentation and supporting procedures and keep up to date
- Ensure compliance to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable policies and procedures and proactively address non-compliance within the functions
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.
Although this is a full-time role, we are open to discussing flexible working for the right candidate, including home working or flexible hours.